New to the Forum

BrittanyJ

Only been a Jeep owner for about a year, but my TJ currently is not running. Threw a rod so trying to raise the money to purchase a new engine. Not in a position financially to do so. I was out of town for a charity event when it happened.......sucks. Hope to learn a lot here and maybe find local clubs.

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your Jeep throwing a rod! Once upon a time, I had to get a new engine for mine. I went through LKQ and got a fully refurbished 4.0 engine with a warranty for around $1800 if I remember correctly. So, that's one option when (and if) the funds permit!

Good call! On average you should be able to get a full refurbished engine (ready to bolt-in and go) for $2000 or less if you shop around.

With that, you'll have the piece of mind of a brand new engine, that should last you decades to come.

That's what I've been finding around here on rebuilt and used except they don't come with gaskets, water pump, spark plugs, timing belt cover, etc so it makes it much more. Found a place that all they do is remanufactured engines that run $2300 before tax. Best deal I've found. 100k mile warranty.

That's what I've been finding around here on rebuilt and used except they don't come with gaskets, water pump, spark plugs, timing belt cover, etc so it makes it much more. Found a place that all they do is remanufactured engines that run $2300 before tax. Best deal I've found. 100k mile warranty.

Yeah, if it was me, I would buy one with gaskets and everything that's already assembled. That's what I did with mine. The engine I bought was remanufactured and 100% assembled with all the gaskets and everything.

Reactions: BrittanyJ
Only been a Jeep owner for about a year, but my TJ currently is not running. Threw a rod so trying to raise the money to purchase a new engine. Not in a position financially to do so. I was out of town for a charity event when it happened.......sucks. Hope to learn a lot here and maybe find local clubs.
Welcome to the forum, I'm new here as well.

Just a thought, could you buy another engine off CL or something, just to get you by?

Will an XJ engine work?

Is this your daily driver?

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/search/pta?query=4.0+jeep

How about a pic of your Jeep anyway! Also, I've seen the 4.0 on CL with transmission for $800...here in TX. Welcome aboard. Hope you get squared away soon...

Haha! Thanks! Where in NC are you from? I was in Ayden when I broke down. Go down to Greenville all the time.[/QUOTE

Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about your engine. Were you able to get the Jeep back to VA ? Which is where I'm from also " Shenandoah valley " .]

Welcome New here as well to jeeps and this forum. Thanks to you experienced drivers out there. U all have helped me learn a ton in a very short while. I'm not a mechanic or got under a hood of a car much, but damn after reading all these posts and getting educated I am able to have a knowledgeable conversation with our mechanic at work who is helping work through my thoughts.

Thanks to all.

Welcome again Brittany. Get that Jeep
Moving

Welcome New here as well to jeeps and this forum. Thanks to you experienced drivers out there. U all have helped me learn a ton in a very short while. I'm not a mechanic or got under a hood of a car much, but damn after reading all these posts and getting educated I am able to have a knowledgeable conversation with our mechanic at work who is helping work through my thoughts.

Thanks to all.

Welcome again Brittany. Get that Jeep
Moving

That's what we're here for, and we all learn from others every day.