New to the Jeep life!

DiscoPotato

Hello all! New here and new to the Jeep world (other than driving this one on vacation over the years. lol). Down here in SW Florida.

As of today, I am the proud owner of a '10 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Lady totaled my car a few weeks ago, and my family was kind enough to sell me their Jeep. I was shopping for a new car, but everything is still over priced. Waiting till later this year.

It's completely stock. (Fresh canvas, right?). I'm taking it tomorrow to get a full inspection. Get all the fluids changed. And hope all is well and not needing anything major. The steering is a bit wonky, but, I'm assuming that is just me being used to a sports car with precision handling :ROFLMAO:. But we shall see. A few things I know it needs. The head unit/stereo/touch screen just randomly stopped working. The front passenger window needs to be replaced, and who knows what inside the door. My dad was trying to roll it down, and he heard it shatter inside the door. This was AFTER he had the motor replaced by Jeep. When he took it in, they told him that they don't replace/repair that. :rolleyes:

But, It only has 54k miles. It was a snowbird vehicle up north for most of its life. So there's still plenty of life in her

First thing, other than the window, obviously, I want to replace the head unit. With a newer one with a back up camera. There's a bunch on Amazon. They all seem the same to me. Any suggestions? I plan to keep it relatively stock, while it's my primary vehicle. But, plan on making it a "toy," afterward.

Welcome!

It looks like you have a JKU Wrangler (2007-2017). This forum is for the TJ (1997-2006). Try https://wranglerjkforum.net/. The guys over there know your year of jeep better and can give you a little more help with your questions.

Good luck!