New to the Jeep world (pics) Golden Eagle

BeavisTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello all! So for the last 10 years I've owned BMW's. I have always been a BMW fanboy owning several cars and motorcycles. But for as long as I can remember I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler, probably from watching and loving Jurassic Park :lol: So here it is my first Wrangler! I was tossing up between a JKU/JK or TJ but for what I want to do I think the TJ suits me. Being an older vehicle I won't be as afraid to get some dirt and sand on it! Also being a little more analogue in my mind makes it an easier car to work on. Plus it has heaps of character and a lot of fun to drive.

I'm also new to the world of 4 wheel driving but plan to get stuck into it as soon as I have the basic equipment. I'll be looking to get some new tyres probably BF Goodrich KO2's in an 30 to 31" as soon as I am satisfied all the necessary maintenance is up to standard. Starting with the leaking rear main seal (seems to be common), low fuel pressure causing hard starting (valve?) and fluid refresh.

So here it is a 2006 Wrangler Sport "Golden Eagle" 143,000kms and my favourite part 6spd manual.

XRL-u5NJlMNJifmhyRZHJAJEBPOzDULEXYoTu8KqtGs0fv7p04QtWuYWnGCg3UTijsQiYXLt_ZHWI2mRIusql3U3IE=w2400.jpg

O5bpID3BEsJq3-bFtnmMwh6cjUGhEuZ8tJMSM9QTJbTY1u6Kh9c7lIFs_c7MMAqaWQFtl8U_HNIie8WtwA-XS2f77g=w2400.jpg

9o9LTAQ3796pDGj3kkI_3zptHOdo_w8pmVwhEDLCCQYUZi3X5liJ1_jP-xKr1GkwdVxi7mHAx1789BcqhSMhJNFxAE=w2400.jpg

U1WxRxxmAUWCugLCiDeQekPxbguf-sA_cKtwamuuKI8rIwn_SOdsBD76muISX4Z1l22yuCZdDdQy5syAyA2xy_WOm8=w2400.jpg

Kw_UQiW8-Vk9TcdpiuTqugQskSiJj9fWKMfMjLbGlOgmqP5vAvFsHjh1lfxTCsmrrutME3IES2ajOKPby6QWXc0QYw=w2400.jpg

_j3UqRLw3QQ6EdbL8nF-cH7-terkj1gi8SVgwxCKMhtvSQv_kqkc7KmE52tWsEi9uMDi94QyjdXIwvh-FtWd9MLCu4=w2400.jpg

From what I've read on the build sheet it has a Dana 44 rear (3.07) and 30 front (3.07) differentials.

Yep, that’s a Dana 44!

Welcome to the forum. I’m a former BMW fan boy myself. I had a E36 M3, an E46 M3, and an E39 M5!

Got any big plans for it?

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Yep, that’s a Dana 44!

Welcome to the forum. I’m a former BMW fan boy myself. I had a E36 M3, an E46 M3, and an E39 M5!

Got any big plans for it?

Hey thank you. Ohhh nice you had good taste, I will get my ///M car one day! I had a e36, e46 and S1000rr motorcycle to get my speed fix.

No big plans just yet other than getting her beach ready and top off. Might look at other upgrades/lifts etc when i have a bit more experience and money lol

Hey thank you. Ohhh nice you had good taste, I will get my ///M car one day! I had a e36, e46 and S1000rr motorcycle to get my speed fix.

No big plans just yet other than getting her beach ready and top off. Might look at other upgrades/lifts etc when i have a bit more experience and money lol

Very cool, motorcycles too? I had a Ducati 999R and an Aprilia RSV4 Factory myself!

You'll enjoy the TJ. I truthfully enjoy it more than any of my M cars or motorcycles.

Very cool, motorcycles too? I had a Ducati 999R and an Aprilia RSV4 Factory myself!

You'll enjoy the TJ. I truthfully enjoy it more than any of my M cars or motorcycles.

Love the sound of the Ducatis! I had a Yamaha R1 and BMW S1000rr. Enjoying the TJ more every day

Hello all! So for the last 10 years I've owned BMW's. I have always been a BMW fanboy owning several cars and motorcycles. But for as long as I can remember I've always wanted a Jeep Wrangler, probably from watching and loving Jurassic Park :lol: So here it is my first Wrangler! I was tossing up between a JKU/JK or TJ but for what I want to do I think the TJ suits me. Being an older vehicle I won't be as afraid to get some dirt and sand on it! Also being a little more analogue in my mind makes it an easier car to work on. Plus it has heaps of character and a lot of fun to drive.

I'm also new to the world of 4 wheel driving but plan to get stuck into it as soon as I have the basic equipment. I'll be looking to get some new tyres probably BF Goodrich KO2's in an 30 to 31" as soon as I am satisfied all the necessary maintenance is up to standard. Starting with the leaking rear main seal (seems to be common), low fuel pressure causing hard starting (valve?) and fluid refresh.

So here it is a 2006 Wrangler Sport "Golden Eagle" 143,000kms and my favourite part 6spd manual.

View attachment 57070

View attachment 57071

View attachment 57072

View attachment 57073

View attachment 57074

View attachment 57075

Very nice Jeep, I do like those golden eagles 🦅

Reactions: BeavisTJ