New to the LJ club

Nice LJ!

I noticed you have FunCountry tires... I thought I was the only one! I guess they weren't too popular because the whole brand has disappeared.

• Love
Reactions: Thomas-2005-LJ
Nice LJ!

I noticed you have FunCountry tires... I thought I was the only one! I guess they weren't too popular because the whole brand has disappeared.
Nice tread pattern, and not too loud on the road. They seem to be a decent tire from what I can tell. It looks like Mickey Thompson bought them out. I like the Morryde tailgate reinforcement kit. I saw you have one as well.

I've had them for about 18 months and have no complaints. My Jeep came with worn out Hankooks that looked like they would pop on the next sharp rock.

I put on the Morryde reinforcement kit a month ago and have been well-satisfied. It seems very solid.

What are your next plans for your LJ?

I've had them for about 18 months and have no complaints. My Jeep came with worn out Hankooks that looked like they would pop on the next sharp rock.

I put on the Morryde reinforcement kit a month ago and have been well-satisfied. It seems very solid.

What are your next plans for your LJ?
I bought the Jeep with some modifications already done. I added a custom stainless exhaust (po had it cut at the transfer case), new wheels, new bumpers, warn m8000s winch, morryde tailgate reinforcement kit, in-console trail light switch, new battery to power the winch, new soft top, recovery gear, and boxo tool bag. At the moment I've got it pretty much where I want it. Don't plan to do anything that I need too many crazy modifications for. I might do a regear this winter. I plan to go to Bantam Jeep Fest near me in June.

Just an update.
New gears, lockers, compressor, SPOD, and 35's. This might now have cost me more than my daily driver lol.

PXL_20230413_214738029.NIGHT.jpg

Long time no update...
I had a re-gear done last winter, and then decided to have the company increase the lift and install adjustable control arms. That's when things went downhill fast. The front ARB locker somehow was engaged and heated up the front differential while driving (5-6 miles). It heated it enough to turn the fill plug blue. The company said it was a bad seal on the ARB. They disconnected the seal from the air line and put it back together and said it was good to drive until a new seal came in. It's all bad from this point on. The control arms were adjusted too long and the rear differential was rubbing the gas tank skid and the front differential was terrible. Shims were loose and not seated, broken tooth on ring gear, half inch or more of backlash, and no pinion bearing preload (zero inch pounds). Check the link below to see the issues 🤡

Issues with an off-road shop

The front ARB locker somehow was engaged and heated up the front differential while driving (5-6 miles). It heated it enough to turn the fill plug blue. The company said it was a bad seal on the ARB.

Can someone explain to me how an engaged locker can do this?

Can someone explain to me how an engaged locker can do this?

My only thought is the speed in which I was driving while it was locked (45-55 mph). The road was straight, and I didn't notice until I had to turn off onto another road. It is what the shop told me was the issue. I've decided to research how to set up gears and do it on my own at this point.

PXL_20230607_224600730.NIGHT.jpg

My only thought is the speed in which I was driving while it was locked (45-55 mph). The road was straight, and I didn't notice until I had to turn off onto another road. It is what the shop told me was the issue. I've decided to research how to set up gears and do it on my own at this point.

View attachment 483473

Locked would function like a spool. There’s plenty of races run faster than that with them.

Poorly setup gears I can see.

Not due to being locked.

Locked would function like a spool. There’s plenty of races run faster than that with them.

Poorly setup gears I can see.

Not due to being locked.

I appreciate the info. I'm very new to this, and I believe the shop saw that. 🤑 Even more reason for me to steer clear of that shop moving forward. Not sure if you could see the video in the link from about an hour ago, but there was plenty wrong in the gear setup.

I appreciate the info. I'm very new to this, and I believe the shop saw that. 🤑 Even more reason for me to steer clear of that shop moving forward. Not sure if you could see the video in the link from about an hour ago, but there was plenty wrong in the gear setup.

They didn’t forget to put gear oil in there did they? That plug definitely looks like it was hot.

Also was your air system pressurized? I don’t see a seal failure locking the ARB.

Last edited:
They didn’t forget to put gear oil in there did they? That plug definitely looks hot.

Also was your air system pressurized? I don’t see a seal failure locking the ARB.

The compressor was off. I have a SPOD to turn it on, and the switch panel wasn't even connected. There was oil in it, but maybe not enough. It took forever to get rid of the burnt oil smell.

Reactions: Apparition