New to the TJ family

Mazepam

TJ Enthusiast
Hey everyone!

Officially a member of the family now found this thing after a year of looking. 2005 x only 38k miles minimal rust. Me and the wife have a 2020 JL but it wasn't enough for me haha.

20200912_152551.jpg

20200912_152542.jpg

20200912_152524.jpg

Welcome to the forum and to owning one of the most fun and enjoyable vehicles you’ll ever own 👍

Got any plans for your TJ?

Well yesterday was initial rust prevention, the only part of the frame that has a good amount of surface rust was where the transmission skids attach so i took it off did the whole pro-15 routine then put some washers between on the original bolts so there a space where water and debris can escape. I feel some flakes near the rear control arm on the drivers side only, i just drilled a hole under it now im trying to figure out a way to clean the inside. I attahced a plastic tube to my dyson with duct tape but the vaccum keeps sensing there not enough air and shutting off haha. I might need to get a bigger vacuum.

Other than that I'm going to see how it is for a few months then go step by step. Might need to upgrade the control arms the upper ones especially are a rusty.

Reactions: Chris
No I'm from central Somerset County, that was a pic of mine from a few years ago i guess i just selected it as my default.