New to the TJ world—looking for advice

Fonz54

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
HI all....new to the TJ world..

purchased a 1999 Wrangler TJ....113k miles...pretty good condition overall...

few questions...

we purchased the jeep, previous owner had large subwoofer in place of rear seat...(we have the seat and a bunch of metal pieces) we took out subwoofer installed rear seat (front bolts/brackets bolt to body....all good)...there is nothing holding the "rear" of the seat down and the brackets he gave us don't appear to be of help....can anyone suggest or send pics of your rear seat brackets so I can fix this? (pics from rear with door open would be great!)

what type of grease do you recommend for zerk fittings in a TJ?

thanks for your help!
Do you have four sets of brackets? two in the front and two in the rear? If yes then when the front brackets are attached you have to adjust the bar under the seat so the mechanism moves to the rear allowing the rear latches on the bottom of the seat to engage with the brackets mounted on the bed of the jeep.

Look here - https://wranglertjforum.com/styles/tjforum/pdf/1999-Jeep-Wrangler-TJ-Owners-Manual.pdf

Bets grease is Lucas Red & Tacky - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ARPVO8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Mobusaki
HI all....new to the TJ world..

purchased a 1999 Wrangler TJ....113k miles...pretty good condition overall...

few questions...

we purchased the jeep, previous owner had large subwoofer in place of rear seat...(we have the seat and a bunch of metal pieces) we took out subwoofer installed rear seat (front bolts/brackets bolt to body....all good)...there is nothing holding the "rear" of the seat down and the brackets he gave us don't appear to be of help....can anyone suggest or send pics of your rear seat brackets so I can fix this? (pics from rear with door open would be great!)

what type of grease do you recommend for zerk fittings in a TJ?

thanks for your help!

The mechanics are located on the wheel wells.. on left there is a release and hook up once the Jeep seat is flipped into the uprite position.... hope this helps I’m not close to mine to take a pic