New Truck Discussion

Although true, I have zero experience with those.

Ford was doing it in 69 , Chevy went from a normal drop tail gate to the retractable " clam shell " design in 71.

30960401880_52cf34bb20_b.jpg

1971-chevrolet-impala-kingswood-station-wagon-original-survivor-clean-cruiser-4.JPG

I ended up buying one today! So stoked right now!

I was watching the prices on the 2023's and was about to get this one for $49K. Not very fancy, but does have the Sport and trailer package, heated seats and steering wheel.

I had gone to a closer dealer yesterday for one that was pretty much the same price, but had a few more things. Turns out they had about $6K worth of very lame add ons. Only about $1K that could be removed, so would be stuck with an extra $5K of junk. Left there pretty pissed.

Searched around a bit and found this one about an hour away. Called them and they confirmed NO ADD ONS unless I want them. Got in and out of there pretty quickly.

RAM.jpg

Ram2.jpg

Last edited:

I was watching the prices on the 2023's and was about to get this one for $49K. Not very fancy, but does have the Sport and trailer package, heated seats and steering wheel.

https://www.ocauto.com/inventory/1C6SRFFTXPN676110/#

I had gone to a closer dealer yesterday for one that was pretty much the same price, but had a few more things. Turns out they had about $6K worth of very lame add ons. Only about $1K that could be removed, so would be stuck with an extra $5K of junk. Left there pretty pissed.

Searched around a bit and found this one about an hour away. Called them and they confirmed NO ADD ONS unless I want them. Got in and out of there pretty quickly.

View attachment 512119

View attachment 512120

Congratulations on your new ride! (y)

View attachment 512119

View attachment 512120

I hope your new truck is everything you want it to be !

View attachment 512119

View attachment 512120

Congratulations! I also belong to the 5thgenram.com forum and there's a lot of helpful members on there too.

Is that with some kind of tow package? My mom has a 2016 1500 Ram. The mirrors are different.

I assume it’s the towing mirrors. I’m in Louisiana right now and the few brodozers I’ve seen have had them flipped up while not towing.

It was said on the forums years ago that they flip them up, when not towing, when looking for gay sex.

Is that with some kind of tow package? My mom has a 2016 1500 Ram. The mirrors are different.

I assume it’s the towing mirrors. I’m in Louisiana right now and the few brodozers I’ve seen have had them flipped up while not towing.

It was said on the forums years ago that they flip them up, when not towing, when looking for gay sex.

Yes, if you get one with the tow package, the mirrors can 'flip up' like this. Mine does have the tow package. I wouldn't do this just towing a Jeep on a trailer. Though if someone had a large trailer, might come in handy. Absolutely no reason to flip them up if you're not towing like this guy. If you're lifted with some gaudy wheels, why not try to draw more attention.

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition and RINC

Maybe the true gay sex flag is having having the mirrors down. Vertical truck mirrors seem to be the majority application.

2020-ford-super-duty-lead-image.jpg

2024-chevrolet-silverado-3500hd-carbuzz-1044181-1600.jpg

Frontal-Shot.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CreepinDeth
Um, it says tow mirrors down? The wording seems all screwed up. When I had my 2500 and 3500 Rams, I always drove with the mirrors up. When I parked, I always folded them in.🤷

I assume it wasn't written by truck people.

On my truck they are in and out. Tow mode is out. I rarely mess with them and leave them in.

Reactions: suicideking
We rented a 2018ish new Cummins to tow our school's enclosed trailer to competition. For whatever reason Ram sold a 2500 Cummins without tow mirrors. Wasn't an ideal experience.

When I bought my 2012 cummins it also came without tow mirrors. I was happy once I finally pieced together a set of factory takeoffs. The little convex mirror is super helpful in any direction in my opinion.