New weather strip made the door not close

Those are adjustable. On the opposite end, you'll see one single bolt. To loosen it you'll need a security-type torx bit. T40 I believe.

Just a word for caution. When you do adjust it forward, it will affect your seals quite a bit. A little movement goes a long way. Me personally, I would try anything except for that.
Well the only my doors fit is by removing those bars, otherwise the windshield frame is leans too much toward the door, which leaves no space between the door and the windshield frame.

Well the only my doors fit is by removing those bars, otherwise the windshield frame is leans too much toward the door, which leaves no space between the door and the windshield frame.
What I mean is that you may be adjusting to accommodate for seals that don't fit like they should, and wind up losing the seal between your hardtop and windshield in the process. Adjusting the windshield may do the trick, but there's a good chance you may have a new and possibly severe water leak afterwards.
For what it's worth, before I bought Mopar replacement seals for my doors, I read several reviews on aftermarket and many complained of the seals being too large.

Reactions: myjeep3
What I mean is that you may be adjusting to accommodate for seals that don't fit like they should, and wind up losing the seal between your hardtop and windshield in the process. Adjusting the windshield may do the trick, but there's a good chance you may have a new and possibly severe water leak afterwards.
For what it's worth, before I bought Mopar replacement seals for my doors, I read several reviews on aftermarket and many complained of the seals being too large.
You are correct.. When the weather gets better, I will test it by poring water and see where/if it will leak. I heard that it can easily be sealed by cocking it at the bottom between the windshield frame and the tub where the 2 rubber meet.

Just put a few washers to use as a spacer so you can keep any adjustments repeatable and removable. But I also agree that would be the last thing I would play with. It took Jeep a lot of decades to finally make a hardtop that dosent leak at the winshield.

Just put a few washers to use as a spacer so you can keep any adjustments repeatable and removable. But I also agree that would be the last thing I would play with. It took Jeep a lot of decades to finally make a hardtop that dosent leak at the winshield.
Jeeps are all about adventure and experimentation.. worth giving it a try and see what will happen. Anything is fixable on these toys. If it leaks, it can be fixed. :)

where in the world are you guys finding oem mopar door seals?
A quick google search yields this and this. Super expensive but obviously really good quality and perfect fit ;)
Note: In case anyone actually goes out to buy these, these only work for 01-06 models as listed on the website, not sure if there actually is a difference from the 97-00 but be weary.

I ordered these door weather stripping from extremeterrain https://www.extremeterrain.com/omix-ada-passenger-outer-tj-1230312.html
I cant close the door after installation. They bottom and side seam to be too bulky to fit.
Is there any tricks to make it work? these were about $45 each door.

View attachment 133520
I just had a lot of work done on my '89 YJ and have the same problem with the new door seals. The shop says they are the correct replacements, that they have tried to adjust the doors as best they can, but having it stick out like that is something I cannot ignore or feel good about. Did you find a solution?