New Wrangler owner from Montana

Serenityfab

My 16 daughter has dreamed about owning a Wrangler since she was small. She has saved since working odd jobs and part time jobs for years. On her 16th birthday we found one that needed lots of work but was solid and am fixing it to get it reliable for her license test in March. So we will start building some interior storage and then some custom bumpers. Hope to search this forum for some great diy mods and advice. I have a cnc plasma cutter for some custom fab work over the winter. Any ideas for mods would be great.
We are in Bozeman Montana and am looking forward to some trails this summer!

Welcome to the forum! A TJ would be a very fun vehicle to have at 16, that’s for sure.

Welcome, I love it out there. I have some family who used to live in Livingston and now live in Emigrant.

Welcome.. you should be proud of daughter.. that’s impressive she’s done that to acquire a vehicle she’s wanted for a long time!.. hope to see some pics of the project along the way.

Welcome, I love it out there. I have some family who used to live in Livingston and now live in Emigrant.
Emigrant is not far from Bozeman and Has Chico Hot Springs! There is a jeep trail leading right from the parking lot of Chico going to who knows where but now I have a vehicle that we can explore with!

Reactions: TWiG01
Welcome. Speak to us of this land of milk and honey you hail from.
Montana, Land of the Big Sky. With large game and larger Mountains. Trails and game abound. We shoot with both arrows and guns over tremendous distances. Mountains to the West and plains to the East and long distances between towns and civilizations.
Land of the free and home of the Brave and Unibomber! Large Veteran population. My older Daughter is in the Army Guard working on Helicopters!

• USA Proud
Reactions: ejay
Welcome.. you should be proud of daughter.. that’s impressive she’s done that to acquire a vehicle she’s wanted for a long time!.. hope to see some pics of the project along the way.
I am very proud although she wants to be a pilot! but I cannot work on Airplanes legally (Although my father is an A&P). My other Daughter is a Helicopter mechanic in the Army Guard and I am very proud of her too! She likes big Trucks and big Helicopters CH 47!

Reactions: Hog
Emigrant is not far from Bozeman and Has Chico Hot Springs! There is a jeep trail leading right from the parking lot of Chico going to who knows where but now I have a vehicle that we can explore with!
Chico was awesome when we went! They just built a newer hot spring pool place down the road from emigrant as well. Toward Yellowstone

We were looking to move our haying operation to Montana, but haven't found something we like. Places were too big and expensive, or too small. Still looking though, cuz it's beautiful country, and great for what we do.

We were looking to move our haying operation to Montana, but haven't found something we like. Places were too big and expensive, or too small. Still looking though, cuz it's beautiful country, and great for what we do.
Land is expensive in the Southwest area of the State. For Haying I would look east and or up to the northern part of the state. My old neighbor has (Had) a large operation by the border of Canada. Its all where you want to live and where you have to ship it. Anywhere East of the Divide is mostly open praire. Still beautiful though. This whole state is made of hay. My coworker leases about many sections here in Bozeman. It's all over. Hell, I have 4 acres myself....ha Ha.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Montana, Land of the Big Sky. With large game and larger Mountains. Trails and game abound. We shoot with both arrows and guns over tremendous distances. Mountains to the West and plains to the East and long distances between towns and civilizations.
Land of the free and home of the Brave and Unibomber! Large Veteran population. My older Daughter is in the Army Guard working on Helicopters!
Amen!

You live in a beautiful state . . . . I grew up next door in southern Alberta. If you can find it, the movie 'Rancho Deluxe' was filmed around Livingston and 'the Crazies' . . . . Jeff Bridges, Sam Waterston, Slim Pickins, more . . . . will put a smile on yer' mug. Welcome!

Reactions: DrDmoney