New Wrangler Owner From West TN

Muddy

Dude with a Jeep
Supporting Member
Hi all, first time Wrangler owner out of West TN. I’ve been creeping on the site for a few weeks now and decided it was about time I joined. Great group of folks on this forum with endless knowledge and experience with the TJ platform!

A little bit about myself:
Happily married and father of the two most awesome boys a dad could ever imagine (of course I’m not biased the least bit). I’ve had the 4x4 bug for as long as I can remember, and finally put together enough money to get into a 1997 Wrangler Sport, green 4.0 5-speed with 246k miles. The drivetrain is solid and the body/frame is in even better shape, considering the miles on the clock.
As I bought it, the Jeep came with a 4 inch lift (RC I think) on 33 x 12.50s. I have plenty of mods planned for the long term, but plan to take it slow. It will see more forest trails and mud than rocks in this part of the country. I grew up wrenching with my Dad (Suzuki Samurai) and would like my boys to share that same experience with me. I have already learned a lot from reading this forum as a guest, and I’m looking forward to learning a lot more as I work my way through this Jeep build.

As suggested, here is the look when I bought it:
BC02FC24-A24B-44C1-88A8-7858E6FC78FF.jpeg

And how it sits today with new shoes.
3FE8BE49-B774-429D-8B18-B4E37751611C.jpeg

Not sure why upside down but I can’t figure out how to flip it.

Have a new bumper sitting in the garage and a winch on the way. Trying to take it slow with upgrades and mods, but the addiction is real! And wrenching is half the fun.