Newb to the site saying hello from North Carolina

Frankenjeep II

Hello all, I am just stopping in to say hello. I am living in Charlotte, NC, originally from the D.C. area in Maryland, and have lived overseas and in Oklahoma. I am new to this site and new to TJs, but not new to Jeeps. In my previous life (10 - 15 years ago), I owned a slew of CJs and other older Jeeps. Let's see if I remember correctly....I was the proud owner of a '76 CJ-5 (The original Frankenjeep due to it being built with many different donor parts!), an '82 CJ-8, a hand full of CJ-7s, a '90 Cherokee, a few Grand Cherokees, and a J-10. Sadly, the only Jeeps in the lineup now are a 2017 Grand Cherokee and a '98 TJ. The TJ is bone stock and new to the family. I took possession about a week ago and already have made a mile long shopping list of modifications I plan to do. That is me in a nutshell. Hope to see some of you on the trail someday!

Larry

Reactions: THunter and Chris
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a history of owning cool Jeeps. How are you liking the TJ so far?

I'm sure I don't have to tell you to be careful, because these things can turn into a money pit of epic proportions! ;)

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a history of owning cool Jeeps. How are you liking the TJ so far?

I'm sure I don't have to tell you to be careful, because these things can turn into a money pit of epic proportions! ;)

Thanks Chris! I have been lucky when it comes to owning fun toys. I still haven't found the one I want the most, though (Cherokee Chief), but I definitely am happy with the TJ. It needs a few upgrades such as a new suspension/lift, body work from rust, tires, rims, paint, and a few other accessories like a winch, maybe some lockers, a few lights, a soft top, a bikini top, a good sound system, new seats...hmmm...I think the money pit of epic proportions is inevitable! JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket! ;) Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: Chris