Newbie from South Jersey

CUT23

IMG_1761a.jpg
IMG_1767a.jpg
I have a 2006 TJ Unlimited. My wife drove it for a few years before my son rear ended a truck. After it sat for over a year we have decided to fix her up and it has lit a fire in me that I haven't had since I sold my 1986 CJ many years ago. So after new fenders, grill, and paint job we added Barricade Flat Style Fender Flares, a Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper, new top, new tires and rims. I'm now researching what lift to get and came across Chris' post on Lift Kits. It really helped, thanks Chris. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Wow- great looking Jeep! I also found this place via Chris' lift kit post! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CUT23
Great color, I really like it. What color is that called?

What kind of lift did you decide to go with?

Glad that lift thread helped. I need to expand on that thread even more!

Reactions: UpperMI
Great color, I really like it. What color is that called?

What kind of lift did you decide to go with?

Glad that lift thread helped. I need to expand on that thread even more!

Thanks, the color is DOD6:V6 - Dodge Sunburst Orange Pearl Twocoat. We also gutted the interior and sprayed it and the roll bars with Raptor Rhino Liner.

I haven't decided on the lift yet. After reading your article I have a lot to consider. I was considering a 1" body lift with a 2-3" suspension lift because I didn't want to mess with the drive train (yet) and I just put brand new 31"s on her. But now I'm thinking about the 4" with larger tires when my current tires wear down. We hit a lot of dirty water holes around here, not much deep mud or rock climbing, but we want to venture out more.

Reactions: UpperMI
Thanks, the color is DOD6:V6 - Dodge Sunburst Orange Pearl Twocoat. We also gutted the interior and sprayed it and the roll bars with Raptor Rhino Liner.

I haven't decided on the lift yet. After reading your article I have a lot to consider. I was considering a 1" body lift with a 2-3" suspension lift because I didn't want to mess with the drive train (yet) and I just put brand new 31"s on her. But now I'm thinking about the 4" with larger tires when my current tires wear down. We hit a lot of dirty water holes around here, not much deep mud or rock climbing, but we want to venture out more.

Did you paint under the hood as well? It looks good either way.

The best setup for a reasonable amount of money is an OME 2" lift and a 1" body lift. That won't set you back too much, and it will ride really well.

If you step up to 4", you'll have to spend a lot more money to do it right, but it will be money well spent if you buy a nice lift!

Welcome to the forum, your Jeep looks really good. How do you like the Barricade flat style fender flears?

Reactions: CUT23
Did you paint under the hood as well? It looks good either way.

The best setup for a reasonable amount of money is an OME 2" lift and a 1" body lift. That won't set you back too much, and it will ride really well.

If you step up to 4", you'll have to spend a lot more money to do it right, but it will be money well spent if you buy a nice lift!

I wish I would have painted under the hood. But I didn't think it mattered much. But afterwards... The original factory color was V5 Impact Orange so there is a noticeable difference to me. Thanks for the suggestion and the links, that's where I'm leaning.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks, I really like the look. I'm a little concerned about the quality, they seem flimsy.
I really like the looks of them aswell, you have the same concernes as me. I was looking at the Bushwhacker flat fenders but they have such a bad reputation for breaking.