Newbie [here and to Wranglers]

I had a pretty much rust free F150 before this and actually hosed/washed the chassis down every time I got back from using it, within year and a half there as brown rust spots coming through, I was gutted.

I will try and limit the use during these times but that means I'm in the GC, fortunately I've smothered that one in waxoyl;)

You can coat the chassis with something like Fluid Film. That stuff when applied liberally several times a year will keep any rust from occurring. It works very, very well!

Reactions: LincsLad
You can coat the chassis with something like Fluid Film. That stuff when applied liberally several times a year will keep any rust from occurring. It works very, very well!

Thanks for that, not something I've heard of over here but will investigate:thumbsup:

The fact that your Wrangler makes you smile means you are absolutely in the right place here!!

Nice Rig.

Congratulations and Welcome!

Welcome. Cool rig, love the rims, even that very interesting spare rim... The steering wheel is rather interesting as well.
Speaking of his steering wheel, am I correct in understanding that the US market is the only one that requires the airbags? I know there are many vehicles sold in other countries that are produced sans the airbags, as those countries do not require it. It reduces the production costs for the manufacturer, so they do no install 'em. I wonder if that Japanese TJ ever had the airbag-equipped steering wheel, or if someone just elected to eliminate it with the aftermarket wheel? Hmmm...

Welcome. Cool rig, love the rims, even that very interesting spare rim... The steering wheel is rather interesting as well.

Steering wheel is an aftermarket addition, it really aids getting into the Jeep being that high but it obscures the dials badly. I use my sat/nav to know how fast I'm going:lol:

Been trying to find out a little more about the spare wheel, will have to take it off and see if there's any makers mark on it. Shames it's a couple of inches smaller in overall diameter than the others but different nonetheless.

Cheers for the welcome

Brian

Reactions: Liberated
Welcome to the forum. My favorite color TJ! Yeah, it’s worth bringing the body lift down to 1-1.25”. A small body lift is okay, but going larger is not aesthetically pleasing. The right way to do it is a 2.5” suspension lift and a 1-1.25” body lift

Speaking of his steering wheel, am I correct in understanding that the US market is the only one that requires the airbags? I know there are many vehicles sold in other countries that are produced sans the airbags, as those countries do not require it. It reduces the production costs for the manufacturer, so they do no install 'em. I wonder if that Japanese TJ ever had the airbag-equipped steering wheel, or if someone just elected to eliminate it with the aftermarket wheel? Hmmm...

Over here in the UK it's always an age related thing, I think because it's 17 years old there's a lot of rules that wouldn't apply.
Other Japanese imports on ebay have steering wheels with airbags fitted, here's a link to a dealers ad who imports lots:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=352461322049
I think my wheel is just a bit of Japanese bling, I did think it might have been removed because of off roading, do they go off when you hit a rock?

Reactions: Squatch
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Welcome to the forum. My favorite color TJ! Yeah, it’s worth bringing the body lift down to 1-1.25”. A small body lift is okay, but going larger is not aesthetically pleasing. The right way to do it is a 2.5” suspension lift and a 1-1.25” body lift

Hi and thanks for the welcome:)

I was told the Jeep has a 7" suspension lift? I've not seen a kit that does that so I'm guessing 3" on suspension, 3" on body and perhaps another 1" gained on the 16" wheels/tyre combo.

I have included [in the link] pic's of heights to various body parts on the Jeep, would be nice to know the stock height to underside of fenders, bottom of sills etc.

Cheers
Brian

Over here in the UK it's always an age related thing, I think because it's 17 years old there's a lot of rules that wouldn't apply.
Other Japanese imports on ebay have steering wheels with airbags fitted, here's a link to a dealers ad who imports lots:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=352461322049
I think my wheel is just a bit of Japanese bling, I did think it might have been removed because of off roading, do they go off when you hit a rock?
It's been said here before that if you've hit something hard enough while wheelin' (off-roading), then you're going to be glad you had the airbags. Generally speaking, I don't believe it's an issue.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Airbags don’t deploy when you hit a rock while off-roading unless you are driving like a maniac. You crawl, so your speed is very slow over rocks.

I checked out your photobucket. It looks to me like you just have the 3” body lift. To make sure the measurement you need to make is the coil springs themselves, including any spacer someone might have added, but not including the coil spring isolator. Front stock is 12” and stock rear is 8”. Anything over that is your true suspension lift. Example, 15” front would be 3” suspension lift up front. 12”” rear would mean 4” suspension lift in the rear

Airbags don’t deploy when you hit a rock while off-roading unless you are driving like a maniac. You crawl, so your speed is very slow over rocks.

I checked out your photobucket. It looks to me like you just have the 3” body lift. To make sure the measurement you need to make is the coil springs themselves, including any spacer someone might have added, but not including the coil spring isolator. Front stock is 12” and stock rear is 8”. Anything over that is your true suspension lift. Example, 15” front would be 3” suspension lift up front. 12”” rear would mean 4” suspension lift in the rear

I'll try and have a measure up under there, there has been things done though I'm not smart enough to know what:oops:

Rancho shocks all round but as you said could be stock length.

Anyone know the height from floor to under rocker/sill or to under arches [fenders maybe] of a standard height TJ