Newbie in a Jeep

242 AMC 05

Hello everyone, so I’ve always been a sports car guy, but I finally made a decision to get something 4x4 but still have something fun in the summer and be great in the winter. I came across a very clean 05 TJ sport 6spd with only 39k miles. It’s mostly stock with just upgraded kicker sound system, and a fox 2.0 2” lift kit. It’s very clean inside and out.
Even though it’s pretty low Milage I want to start addressing some of the fluid changes like the trans and and diff. A lot of people are recommending redline MTL, when I had it in my BMW it was pretty rough and notchy when the the weather for below 35 degrees. They then introduced a similar product MT/LV which I loved. They are both GL-4 approved has anyone used this in their TJ?
Thank You all

367CB3B8-A878-4A23-A0B3-D0F8FBB8D99D.jpeg

Reactions: Vasq
Welcome from the wet side of Washington! That's a great looking Jeep!
I haven't tried that transmission fluid, so I'm of no help there.

Welcome from the wet side of Washington! That's a great looking Jeep!
I haven't tried that transmission fluid, so I'm of no help there.
Thank You! Yes it was only a summer car for all the previous owners which all knew each other. So no hard usage besides very light usage on sand duns In Michigan. The body/frame is super clean just needs a good degreasing wipe down. I’m planning on doing that and then taking to get valueguard under coating done.

Welcome from Michigan. I’m pretty new here also, so can’t help with fluid recommendations, still learning. I’m sure the experts here will chime in.

Thanks. It’s called Shale Green. Looks good to me, but I’m color blind. Your TJ looks really clean.

Thank you everyone! Glad to be apart of great community. Yes after have my last 3 cars be black. I told myself no matter what I’m not buying another one. But it does look sharp. I checked the their compatibility sheet, and Jeep is listed. Guess I’ll give it a try can’t hurt as I’m sure it has never been changed

Let us know how you like that new Redline MT/LV in your 6-speed, looks like it'd be a good choice for cold conditions, especially if the Roselle you live in is in Illinois. Your Profile is still empty and doesn't say what state you're in. And welcome to WTF! :)

Will do Jerry! Like I said it was fantastic in the 135i. Super smooth! Unfortunately we won’t know until this upcoming winter in Illinois. And I will update my profile. Im
Sure you will be a great help to me with your wealth of knowledge, as you have been for everyone else.

Thank You chris! I looked for as long as I could. There was a rubicon I found in the metallic green but milage was a lot higher and unknown owner history. But I was also very clean.