Newbie Jeeps Thread

I keep waffling on going out there. We’re vuilt about the same and I’m sure there are plenty of others in the max-31’s group who would be interested. Add in a dose of peer pressure and you’ll be wheeling level 6 trails before you know it.
LOL yeah it seems like it. Already signed up for 3 trails I originally thought I wasn't able to make it to, good thing others here know the trials better than I do

I will be wheeling the 25th-29th, with one of the days to go to Canyonlands National Park.

I would like to have one day of easy trails for some warm up before going right into Fins and Things and Hells Revenge.

We will be staying at the Moab KOA, if you see my Liberty there, feel free to chat.

DateTeamTrail
4-25Just me?
I would like to have others
Hurrah Pass, Jackson Hole, Chicken Corners
4-26Team LJFins and Things, Hells Revenge
4-27Canyonlands National ParkCanyonlands National Park
4-28Team LJPotash Rd/Shafer, Lathrop Canyon, White Rim
4-29Just me?
I would like to have others
Seven Mile Rim, Hidden Canyon Overlook, and Bartlett Overlook
Seven Mile Rim is rated 4-5, there are quite a few intersections to turn off at, if it gets too tough.

I highly recommend doing Baby Lions Back first thing when you go to Sand Flats. It is a good place to deflate and a nice warm up for Fins and Things and Hell’s Revenge, especially if you’ve never been on slick rock before. Get your first-time nerves out of the way before you get on the trail where it will be busier.

I highly recommend doing Baby Lions Back first thing when you go to Sand Flats. It is a good place to deflate and a nice warm up for Fins and Things and Hell’s Revenge, especially if you’ve never been on slick rock before. Get your first-time nerves out of the way before you get on the trail where it will be busier.
Team LJ is doing this.

Reactions: nk24
Hate to brag, but I got to do the original Lion's Back 15 years ago.

Now I have to go dig up a picture. :unsure:
Must have been just before it was closed? Surprised whoever bought it hasn’t done anything with the land.

Where is this located? It's not in my trail book... That is a good idea though. I'm showing up Friday so might have time to do that since I've never been on the slickrock before

Where is this located? It's not in my trail book... That is a good idea though. I'm showing up Friday so might have time to do that since I've never been on the slickrock before
Just past the entrance to Hell’s Revenge on the left. There is a big sign, you can’t miss it.

Reactions: lBasket
Cool I think it will be good to get a feel of the rock and the new locker before trails on Saturday
Slickrock (rock) is basically like driving on concrete. Unless you're spinning or lifting a tire, lockers aren't necessary.

p1030650.JPG

Reactions: lBasket and nk24