Newbie question. Lift and other questions

Bob black Jeep

I got a 2005 TJ 4.0 6 speed. Soft top. I want to lift it 2 to 3 inches and run a Hi line fenders up front along with poison spyder rear crusher corners. I do alot of pavement driving and typical logging roads. Like to go 33s or 35s. Im concerned it might look funny with such small tires with a hiline

I got a 2005 TJ 4.0 6 speed. Soft top. I want to lift it 2 to 3 inches and run a Hi line fenders up front along with poison spyder rear crusher corners. I do alot of pavement driving and typical logging roads. Like to go 33s or 35s. Im concerned it might look funny with such small tires with a hiline
3.5 suspension lift, 1.25 inch body lift, with hi-lines and 35’s will look fine.

if I were you, a self identified newb, I would start with a 2 inch spring lift on 31’s.

In order to run 35’s you need to adress the pinion angles, which require adj control arms ($2k), you also need gears ($1400k), beefier shafts, a SYE, driveshafts, beefier steering, adj track bars, and big brakes.

Or shortcut it all and spend less. Up to you if you want to 35’s right or not.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/so-you-want-to-run-35-tires-on-your-tj.2428/

Reactions: Steel City 06
Drive the Jeep for 6 months. Make sure everything is working well. Learn what you can and can't do with it. Then think about what size tire you "need". Spending for lockers will get you farther up the trail than fancy chrome rims and a poorly thought out suspension.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Drive the Jeep for 6 months. Make sure everything is working well. Learn what you can and can't do with it. Then think about what size tire you "need". Spending for lockers will get you farther up the trail than fancy chrome rims and a poorly thought out suspension.
I have drove it for awhile only problem I have had is an O2 sensor so far. This Jeep is not my daily driver however I do drive it in snow and on nice days to the coast. My overall goal would be to use it as my camping rig and to get me up in the Mountains.

3.5 suspension lift, 1.25 inch body lift, with hi-lines and 35’s will look fine.

if I were you, a self identified newb, I would start with a 2 inch spring lift on 31’s.

In order to run 35’s you need to adress the pinion angles, which require adj control arms ($2k), you also need gears ($1400k), beefier shafts, a SYE, driveshafts, beefier steering, adj track bars, and big brakes.

Or shortcut it all and spend less. Up to you if you want to 35’s right or not.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/so-you-want-to-run-35-tires-on-your-tj.2428/
Thanks that is a good thread.