Newbie top and door questions

DeadStang

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Bought an '04 LJ yesterday. The top is in OK shape (original) but the "windows" are hazy and the back "door" zipper is really not happening. Best to buy a new, supple soft top and move on? And — I assume 1/2 doors fit all TJs, long or short? Thanks!

Red LJ 2.jpg

As for the hazing, you could give Meguiar's PlastX plastic polish a shot. If you go the Amazon route, go through one of the links in the forum store. Easy way to support the forum with no extra cost.

I think all the doors are the same on the unlimited and standard.

Reactions: DeadStang
That's a great idea! I'll try that. There is a local upholstery place that might be able to fix the zipper, so I thought I might call on Monday. I didn't know if the tops just suck after awhile and replacing it is the best route.

My windows were awful and I used some plastic polish, 3 step system and it made an incredible difference. Not sure about your zipper, mine can be stubborn but that’s usually because I need to align the window better.

and...the only door exception is the YJ upper half door would have to be converted to a TJ upper half door.

My son has a Jeep too and he runs all sorts of combos at times. Right now he has half doors and uppers with a hard top. Thats his favorite. (Not talking about the slider upper halves. ) The genuine soft upper door halves.

I run no doors and all sides and rear unzipped from April fools day until Halloween.

Way too cold before and after those dates.

Reactions: Blondie70