Next Venture Rear Bumper Protection?

I'd venture a guess that the likelihood of a rock poking in the small gap between the bumper and gas tank skid is probably pretty low. I see what you mean and am surprised to see the difference, but it'd have to be a pretty unluckily angled extremely pointy rock to be an issue, wouldn't it? I'm no expert but I'd think you'd be hitting either the corner of the bumper, or the GTS?

I looked at mine and don’t have a single scratch across the uncovered by bumper area. The bumper mount spots with the bolts underneath the frame are scratched to hell.

The tow points are scratched. Both sides of my savvy gts are slightly dented and there are scratches all the way across the gts.

I’m sure I’ll get a rock in there at some point but hasn’t happened yet.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and lBasket
I'd venture a guess that the likelihood of a rock poking in the small gap between the bumper and gas tank skid is probably pretty low. I see what you mean and am surprised to see the difference, but it'd have to be a pretty unluckily angled extremely pointy rock to be an issue, wouldn't it? I'm no expert but I'd think you'd be hitting either the corner of the bumper, or the GTS?

To be honest, you’re probably right, I was just disappointed to receive something different than expected. It still covers the crossmember where it’s most likely to hit.

I think I’ll just run this bumper as is, and fix it when/if it becomes a problem.

I looked at mine and don’t have a single scratch across the uncovered by bumper area. The bumper mount spots with the bolts underneath the frame are scratched to hell.

The tow points are scratched. Both sides of my savvy gts are slightly dented and there are scratches all the way across the gts.

I’m sure I’ll get a rock in there at some point but hasn’t happened yet.

And that’s on an LJ without a frame tuck, so it certainly says something.

Maybe you just don’t wheel hard enough 🙃

/s

To be honest, you’re probably right, I was just disappointed to receive something different than expected. It still covers the crossmember where it’s most likely to hit.

I think I’ll just run this bumper as is, and fix it when/if it becomes a problem.

Yeah I'm surprised to see the difference too. Maybe NV realized you only smack the corner, and adjusted designed accordingly. I'd take a look for you but I haven't done much difficult wheeling since changing out the bumper.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Yeah I'm surprised to see the difference too. Maybe NV realized you only smack the corner, and adjusted designed accordingly. I'd take a look for you but I haven't done much difficult wheeling since changing out the bumper.

It would be interesting to see how the Savvy attaches underneath. I’d bet it wraps around the crossmember fully since it’s more of a “full bumper”.

It won’t be a problem for you.

It won’t be a problem for you.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

View attachment 430530

Just received and installed my Next Venture bumper, and here’s what it looks like underneath:

View attachment 430531

I noticed this only after I’d painted and installed it. I bought this bumper specifically for it’s crossmember protection, yet it lacks that. Not sure if this is a manufacturing mistake or new design (logo looks different too).

Any thoughts?

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve had the NV bumper for a while and I only scrape the shackle tabs and left and right corners. Your gas tank skid will take most of the hits, if any. Rasband has more scrapes in the middle of the bumper likely because his is on an LJ.

I don’t know how hard you wheel, but what you do need to worry about now is coming down on your spare and crumpling your tailgate or coming down on the corner of the tub.

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve had the NV bumper for a while and I only scrape the shackle tabs and left and right corners. Your gas tank skid will take most of the hits, if any. Rasband has more scrapes in the middle of the bumper likely because his is on an LJ.

I don’t know how hard you wheel, but what you do need to worry about now is coming down on your spare and crumpling your tailgate or coming down on the corner of the tub.

Yep I didn't think about how vulnerable this bumper makes the tub corners til this thread

Reactions: PNW_LJ

What's that you say about the spare?

1686157877998.png

Yup, corners are on the list. Though I don’t think much can be done about the spare. A body lift helps I suppose.

Does anyone know off the top of their head what spec bolts go into the 2 factory holes underneath the crossmember?

My stock bumper was missing them.

36EE99A5-C2C2-4335-A7FF-D1024A6F1D5D.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: RINC and lBasket
View attachment 430530

Just received and installed my Next Venture bumper, and here’s what it looks like underneath:

View attachment 430531

I noticed this only after I’d painted and installed it. I bought this bumper specifically for it’s crossmember protection, yet it lacks that. Not sure if this is a manufacturing mistake or new design (logo looks different too).

Any thoughts?

This is what mine looks like as well.

20230607_113547.jpg