Nice TJ Rubicon for a decent price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe down a hill, with the wind and in neutral

Oh, it's possible. I was able to squeeze 21 mpg out of mine consistently on a 200 mile road trip of almost nothing but flat ground and little wind. Given the right conditions, you can do it. It's just one of those once in a blue moon type of moments. Cruise control helped significantly too, haha.

Chris after seeing all these ads for stock or near stock TJ's with many miles, I feel pretty darn good about what I paid for my 06 with 21K miles and lifted!

To give you an idea of what I paid, I paid $20,000 even for my 2005 Rubicon with 60k original miles. It had the hard top, a Warn M8000, and other than that it was bone stock.

That was up in Portland. But as I always tell people, here in the PNW, a clean TJ Rubicon will easily sell for 20k or more.

What did you pay?

Reactions: StG58
To give you an idea of what I paid, I paid $20,000 even for my 2005 Rubicon with 60k original miles. It had the hard top, a Warn M8000, and other than that it was bone stock.

That was up in Portland. But as I always tell people, here in the PNW, a clean TJ Rubicon will easily sell for 20k or more.

What did you pay?
$19K with hard top and new 33 inch tires, lifted, winch bumper, new radio and not a scratch on her any where.

Reactions: StG58
$19K with hard top and new 33 inch tires, lifted, winch bumper, new radio and not a scratch on her any where.

You got an even better deal than I did!

A clean Rubicon up here in the PNW is indeed a vehicle that doesn't lose much value (if any at all!).

Reactions: BendLarry
Reactions: Chris and JMT
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Maybe its just me but that Hardtop looks a little soft, and what up with the spare? It's a pretty good looking Goodyear MT/R, the four on the ground are some kind of Michelin tour looking rubber. Maybe I am just being picky though . . .

Reactions: Chris
Looked at a '05 Rubi in Portland. Theft recovery that had been badly modded, wheeled hard and put away wet, trashed dash and interior. If I remember correctly, they were asking $15 for it. Knowing what I know now, I should have snatched it up and restored it. Rubi's are expensive here.

That is Rubi is workable.

Reactions: Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.