Nicknames can be offensive

What I find unbelievable are the "names" a few movie stars were using.

Like Free, Liberty, Boston, or 2 kids maned Harmony & Sunshine.
Maybe middle names can be safer to go wierd with but, Elliot Gould named his son Sam Bazooka.

Those kids will likely love any nickname.

Last edited:
Craziest story I have is from my cousin, a nurse.

She walks into a room with a kid, looks at the chart and the name is GeorgeMichael. Just like that, no space. She calls the kid GeorgeMichael, and the mom shoots her a dirty look. She says, "oh, I'm sorry, was that not the right name?"

Mom rolls her eyes and says, "the George is silent!"

My cousin had to turn around and leave the room to keep from laughing in her face.

My name is only 4 letters long, and it still gets shortened.

I guess I should be offended now. Wheres my reparations?

I think the OP is not reading this thread no more. He is PO'ed.

I'm back. Earlier I was running out of time and figured I'd just finish what I started a little later before actually started this thread. Maybe starting it in word would have been a better idea.

Before accidentally posting, I was going to add that my first name is James, which was my father's first name and my middle name is Dana which was his father's first name. I never liked being called Jimmy and recall as a teenager thinking if it didn't end I was going to spell it Jimi like Hendrix which would have angered everyone in my family. I guess I was lucky enough to eventually end up with Jim because James was too much. Come to think of it, over my first 3 decades I bet I met over 3 dozen Jims. Most were Jims, just a couple Jimmys but none of us were called James.

My son Alex got Jay for a middle name, it was as close as I could get to James at the time but the other two got their middle names directly from me and the wife took care of the rest.

Reactions: mushdogs
What I find unbelievable are the "names" a few movie stars were using.

Like Free, Liberty, Boston, or 2 kids maned Harmony & Sunshine.
Maybe middle names can be safer to go wierd with but, Elliot Gould named his son Sam Bazooka.

Those kids will likely love any nickname.

I think some folks these days forget that they are assigning a human an identity instead of naming a rock band.

My name is Michael. Only three people call me that, my mother in law, my boss, and his boss. Otherwise it’s Mike, MB, Cheesy, or Cheeseheadmike(born and raised in Wisconsin). When I worked in Australia and South Africa it was Mick. I’m Miguel when I’m working in Mexico. My Canadian cohorts call me Mike until quitting time, then it’s You’re Buying. A couple of the new guys at the plant call me Mr. B. My other half calls me Bud Bud.
My other half is named Cynthia. Because I was stupid as a 4 year old and tried to bite my tongue off, I can’t pronounce Cynthia. It comes out Sinseea, so I call her Fred. Everyone else calls her Cindy or Ms. Cindy.
When our girls were little, the oldest was known as Droopy Drawers because pants would ride down. The youngest had frizzy hair and was known as Burr Head.

You oughta hear they call their kids.:)

Seeing this reply in my other thread (I x'ed out the word here because it is irrelevant to this thread) got me thinking about titles and nicknames.

Nah, you're good. It's officially recognized:

glutard.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Cheesy