Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Had to get out of dodge. Been too cooped up for too long. A night in the mountains was in order
AFFE6CB7-856F-4025-827B-BFF1F942A75C.jpeg

This is the Quadratec acc carpet kit. The colors are based off of the year models so I bought a 97 saddle carpet kit even though my jeep is an 06. So whatever color your looking for is dependent upon what year you select in the drop down menu. Hope that helps, it took me a little while to figure that out.

Nick, first saw your thread two days ago...and I have been thinking about nothing but swapping my interior out to the color you used for two days. haha. It looks so great! Should have been a factory option!

I have black rubber (or maybe vinyl) textured floor covering, dark gray interior, and a black soft top and my Jeep feels like a cave on the inside with the top up. This should certainly fix it. I'm going to start with the carpet and seats (maybe covers to start) to see how I dig it.

Are you happy with the fit of the ACC carpet kit and the rocker panel carpet kit? Some of the reviews on Quadratec mention that it's thin (I have a thick pad under my current flooring though) and they had to mod it by cutting to get it to fit. Did you experience any of that? Is there anything you don't like about it? I can see you've had it in and out of the Jeep multiple times, how's it holding up?

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Hey @grumblebee ! Thanks so much for the compliments!

Quick personal opinion: if you’re anywhere near my level of ocd and you’re seriously considering this swap, I feel it should be approached with an all or nothing attitude. Having a half and half look would drive me bonkers and discourage me from continuing. But that’s just my opinion. There’s a few nice dashes and consoles in tan on eBay to be had at ok prices.

ok, that being said I have had nothing but a good experience with the full acc carpet kit. It was just as thick as the stock carpet with extremely minor cutting needed on the driver side rocker due to the wiring cover that is different on later model TJs than early models. It hasn’t faded and the shape was perfect. I did the full noico sound mat and foam and it laid more or less fine right on top of that. All in all I’m very pleased with it.

Hey @grumblebee ! Thanks so much for the compliments!

Quick personal opinion: if you’re anywhere near my level of ocd and you’re seriously considering this swap, I feel it should be approached with an all or nothing attitude. Having a half and half look would drive me bonkers and discourage me from continuing. But that’s just my opinion. There’s a few nice dashes and consoles in tan on eBay to be had at ok prices.

ok, that being said I have had nothing but a good experience with the full acc carpet kit. It was just as thick as the stock carpet with extremely minor cutting needed on the driver side rocker due to the wiring cover that is different on later model TJs than early models. It hasn’t faded and the shape was perfect. I did the full noico sound mat and foam and it laid more or less fine right on top of that. All in all I’m very pleased with it.

Yesterday I started trying to piece together an entire interior with what's on ebay right now (and apparently half door panels are really hard to find?) and realized it would make me crazy if I got pieces in and they were faded to different levels or some were worn and some were mint (and I don't live anywhere near a decent junkyard to where I might get a chance to find one local).

I was telling my gearhead friend about the ebay searching, and he showed me a photo of the interior color scheme of his Mazda RX7 that has saddle carpet and seats and a dark dash/console/doors/other trim and also reminded me that K.I.T.T from Knight Rider has it too. haha. So I started looking at photos of the combo and though it looked pretty good, so surely it would on a Jeep? But I'm not 100% sold on two-tone, maybe it would make my eye twitch. I need do a Photoshop mockup.

Sorry to highjack your thread with thoughts on my Jeep interior! I'm starting a build thread as soon as the weather cooperates for some "before" photos.

Glad to hear the carpet is holding up well! Thanks for answering my questions and offering advice.

Yesterday I started trying to piece together an entire interior with what's on ebay right now (and apparently half door panels are really hard to find?) and realized it would make me crazy if I got pieces in and they were faded to different levels or some were worn and some were mint (and I don't live anywhere near a decent junkyard to where I might get a chance to find one local).

I was telling my gearhead friend about the ebay searching, and he showed me a photo of the interior color scheme of his Mazda RX7 that has saddle carpet and seats and a dark dash/console/doors/other trim and also reminded me that K.I.T.T from Knight Rider has it too. haha. So I started looking at photos of the combo and though it looked pretty good, so surely it would on a Jeep? But I'm not 100% sold on two-tone, maybe it would make my eye twitch. I need do a Photoshop mockup.

Sorry to highjack your thread with thoughts on my Jeep interior! I'm starting a build thread as soon as the weather cooperates for some "before" photos.

Glad to hear the carpet is holding up well! Thanks for answering my questions and offering advice.
I forgot about KITT!!! It does look good in KITT. Maybe it would look good in a jeep. @Sicairos49 i think has the combo you’re considering. It would really bug me too if I ended up with pieces that had different levels of fade. They can be resto’d reasonably well though.
You’re not jacking my thread at all. Keeping the conversation alive! Anyone on here who knows me knows I’ve played my hand at derailing others threads lol. It’s all good. Excited for your thread.

I’m trying to avoid the 1970’s spaceship cockpit look so I ordered these. Front Locker, Rear Locker, and one for the new KC’s on the way.
710DC8DA-593B-4339-A5A5-BB4E470DF53C.jpeg

now if only I knew where my RCVs were so I could get these new assemblies under the jeep.

Last edited:
I’m trying to avoid the 1970’s spaceship cockpit look so I ordered these. Front Locker, Rear Locker, and one for the new KC’s on the way. View attachment 171286
now if only I knew where my RCVs were so I could get these new assemblies under the jeep.

Do those match the OEM switches I have one open spot the drives me crazy. :)

I have black rubber (or maybe vinyl) textured floor covering, dark gray interior, and a black soft top and my Jeep feels like a cave on the inside with the top up. This should certainly fix it. I'm going to start with the carpet and seats (maybe covers to start) to see how I dig it.
Yesterday I started trying to piece together an entire interior with what's on ebay right now (and apparently half door panels are really hard to find?)

More thread derailing!!
Sorry to butt in, but is your interior "dark gray" or is it Agate? If it's the later, I have khaki half door panels I'll trade you if you end up pulling the trigger on the swap 😁

• Haha