Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

More thread derailing!!
Sorry to butt in, but is your interior "dark gray" or is it Agate? If it's the later, I have khaki half door panels I'll trade you if you end up pulling the trigger on the swap 😁

Poor Nick, constantly subjected to hijacking. 🤣 It's Agate. Awesome, thanks, I will for sure contact you if I start on the swap. Several general maintenance, paint correction, and repainting projects going on before I start thinking about it seriously. I've bookmarked your post, but feel free to shoot me a message if you're wondering where I'm at on it down the road (I really have to start a build thread soon).

• Haha
Reactions: Nickgsjeep and Vasq
You're getting quite the stockpile building up. Any idea when the gears, locker, and shafts are going in?

You're getting quite the stockpile building up. Any idea when the gears, locker, and shafts are going in?
Hopefully soon. Timing everything is the hard part. I don’t think I’m going to enjoy buzzing around on 33’s with the 4.88s for too long and I don’t want to go to 35’s too far before the lift and outboard. So I’m just trying to get all the calendars to line up. And not to mention I’m still waiting on some more parts to come in and go to paint for the whole project to come together. I’m patient. I’m thinking Christmas time or just after everything will come together 👍🏼

Reactions: Vasq and DuncLJ
Hopefully soon. Timing everything is the hard part. I don’t think I’m going to enjoy buzzing around on 33’s with the 4.88s for too long and I don’t want to go to 35’s too far before the lift and outboard. So I’m just trying to get all the calendars to line up. And not to mention I’m still waiting on some more parts to come in and go to paint for the whole project to come together. I’m patient. I’m thinking Christmas time or just after everything will come together 👍🏼
Sounds like a solid plan. I plan to have gears and a rear locker by the end of the year as well. I need to start stockpiling parts or cash soon if I'm gonna make it happen.
Looks like you're well on your way. 🍻

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
294750E0-668D-481B-80AE-21594CBA6F27.jpeg
Finally got around to installing these KC 6” gravity pro wide beams. Installed with a relay and factory style switch. Also install the locker switches for the new alxles coming soon
F3F52713-D462-4ED4-B1BA-0D5D31FD6A22.jpeg
Also picked up some more goodies
671686A8-E9D4-4848-937F-85B71FAF41F7.jpeg

All the times I’ve read through this thread, I just noticed you have color matched headlight rings. Front end is looking good 👍🏼
Thanks! One of the first things I did when I got it. I’m not sure what it is about the chrome that looks off to me but I saw someone do the factory match paint a few years back and the chrome never looked right to me since.

Reactions: ranger101
You're balls to the walls going for it! Love it!
Looking forward to seeing you put it all together. 🍻

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Got the 44’s front and rear under the Jeep. RCVs up front with a factory Rubicon locker and Revolutions in the rear with an Eaton e locker. Revolution 4.88’s front and rear (that gearing will take some getting used to) all new timken bearings and seals and new spicer u bolt yokes. The brakes are dodgy at best but that upgrade is around the corner and there’s currently no front driveshaft installed because the stock one I had for the Dana 30 was too long and I’ll just order the correct length once the Savvy under armor is installed.
BA699845-B523-4E84-9A85-908D96B39D0E.jpeg
A9A1D4BE-FF19-494F-A380-04D5E3B6F48A.jpeg

Last edited: