Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Getting closer!
3ACED08F-403D-43A9-A741-2766018D587D.jpeg

Only if @Midnight LJR lets me do it on his shoulder 😂😂😂
He surely knows the pain. After 2 runs at Slickrock, his jeep is looking less like a flawless mall crawler and more like a trail rig. Funny enough, I believe the fender repeatedly getting hit bugs him more than the sliders being used as pivots. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks! One of the first things I did when I got it. I’m not sure what it is about the chrome that looks off to me but I saw someone do the factory match paint a few years back and the chrome never looked right to me since.
I really like the look of the matched bezels too! Did you use the 5 oz mopar cans or another brand?

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I really like the look of the matched bezels too! Did you use the 5 oz mopar cans or another brand?
Yes, I used the little mopar cans. Now that I am thinking about it I probably could have saved money taking the paint code to a body shop supply store.

Reactions: Tob
This guy has a flare for this like nobody I've ever seen.

Everything he does works.

I absolutely love to fix up my Jeep but this would be one guy I would hand the keys and money to do it for me.... And that is saying a lot.

This guy has a flare for this like nobody I've ever seen.

Everything he does works.

I absolutely love to fix up my Jeep but this would be one guy I would hand the keys and money to do it for me.... And that is saying a lot.
Thanks man, kind words. Although, that is exactly what I am about to do. Very soon I’ll be handing over my keys and money..... very soon.

@Nickgsjeep, not sure how I missed your build thread, especially since one of the first Jeeps I fell in love with as a kid was a '72 Yellow CJ5 my friend's dad owned. Keep it up, looks great...

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Just curious, did you only get the adjustable uppers to adjust the pinion?
At the point of the build that you quoted, and now too, in fact, I have stock control arms (hopefully changing very soon). With the sye and rear double cardan shaft, I had zero vibes with 2.5 inches of lift combined with a 1.25 inch body lift and motor mount lift on the dana 30/35 combo. Now with Dana 44's the length of the pinion is longer and it definitely needs adjusting.

Reactions: Alex01