Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

FINALLY got the sliders back from paint. Love these things. Thanks @mrblaine for lining everything up and the nutserts, install was a breeze.
3161D0DC-2E52-4268-A7BE-7DE010184613.jpeg

331E8D8E-0C2E-4913-8C2F-DEB806552D6E.jpeg
New rear main, pan gasket, valve cover gasket all to finally fix my oil leak so I’m not pissing into my new engine skid that’s about to be installed. New spark plugs, new belt, and new transmission fluid cause I’m at 100k.
0C4D036A-317E-40F4-812E-3BDF116D5F17.jpeg
time for the next phase. To be continued...

Do you notice any worse, or better reception with your stubby radio antenna? Looks fantastic, btw.
Haven’t noticed anything. I mostly stream music or books, podcasts, etc anyway

and thanks!

View attachment 199608New rear main, pan gasket, valve cover gasket all to finally fix my oil leak so I’m not pissing into my new engine skid that’s about to be installed. New spark plugs, new belt, and new transmission fluid cause I’m at 100k.View attachment 199610time for the next phase. To be continued...
Dude, you're jeep is so clean. It looks like a model or an RC car.

I had to skip to the end to see if you’ve add those honcho decals.

that mock up looked awesome.
I’m glad you mentioned this! I’m so on the fence about it. Part of me really wants to do it, even got a quote. But part of me likes it just yellow! I feel like @Chris ! I can’t make a decision 😂

I’m glad you mentioned this! I’m so on the fence about it. Part of me really wants to do it, even got a quote. But part of me likes it just yellow! I feel like @Chris ! I can’t make a decision 😂
That’s the good thing about the vinyl decals today. Once your bored with them you can always take them off.

That’s the good thing about the vinyl decals today. Once your bored with them you can always take them off.
I know, only problem is that’s an expensive sticker to just throw away if I get bored

Ok just ordered a set of these little guys.
88EFD18E-BBA0-4B24-88BC-9EA2F9805910.jpeg
My plan is to drill and tap a hole on top of the rear bumper here on both sides of the spare. Tailgate should clear them no problem.
3F0D27E0-8BB3-4A75-BB63-82C48D2E34F3.jpeg
Does anyone have any experience with these lights? They have great reviews and I’m sure they’ll do the job nicely just wondering if anyone has any firsthand knowledge of them.

Just read through this whole thread.
Awesome build. Admittedly, I wasn’t a
Huge fan of of yellow until your Jeep.
Hey thanks for the kind words, and thanks for your service. Some of my inspirations for how I wanted my jeep to look came from a white Sahara build on https://www.rebellerally.com/tag/1999-jeep-tj-sahara/
When I was younger I didn't like yellow either but then in the summer of 1996 I saw that yellow J-10 Jeep Honcho chasing down tornados in Twister and thought it was such an awesome color.

Reactions: TWiG01
I know, only problem is that’s an expensive sticker to just throw away if I get bored
Agreed. My wife is bored with her anvil colored JK. Was supposed to be a special paint. Only for the 10 year anniversary. So Jeep painted everything that color the following year. So we are looking into getting it wrapped.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep