Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Added the rocker panel carpets today. I will be lining the tub with sound mat in the very near future and the sound mat showing up around the rocker panels and fire wall were a worry/concern for some. I knew it would drive me crazy so I picked up these carpets in anticipation of laying the sound mat here soon.
FDECB491-91F6-4F26-8331-F8E1A8F6038D.jpeg
8DB7DCE6-1BA6-4BBB-BD92-8A26533C3722.jpeg

I really like these, they add a more finished look to the interior. I still have a couple housekeeping issues to take care of hence the exposed wires.

Added the rocker panel carpets today. I will be lining the tub with sound mat in the very near future and the sound mat showing up around the rocker panels and fire wall were a worry/concern for some. I knew it would drive me crazy so I picked up these carpets in anticipation of laying the sound mat here soon.View attachment 121407View attachment 121408
I really like these, they add a more finished look to the interior. I still have a couple housekeeping issues to take care of hence the exposed wires.
What carpet kit is this? I need to cover up my sound deadening material ! I LOVE your jeep by the way.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
What carpet kit is this? I need to cover up my sound deadening material ! I LOVE your jeep by the way.
Hi Jesse, thanks for the compliment. This is the Quadratec acc carpet kit. The colors are based off of the year models so I bought a 97 saddle carpet kit even though my jeep is an 06. So whatever color your looking for is dependent upon what year you select in the drop down menu. Hope that helps, it took me a little while to figure that out. Thanks for your service.

I have to say, this is one awesome build!
If I'm reading everything right, you're at 4.25" total lift? With 33's?
Yes, although my bumpers are pretty heavy compared to what is out there now. Plus the hardtop. A swap to aluminum is coming up. With the steel bumpers the springs definitely settled a bit. All pics are of them at the settled height though.

Yes, although my bumpers are pretty heavy compared to what is out there now. Plus the hardtop. A swap to aluminum is coming up. With the steel bumpers the springs definitely settled a bit. All pics are of them at the settled height though.
thank you, I think it looks really good. I've ended up at an advertised 4.5" lift and I only wanted 33's but was worried about that giraffe look, but if you're at 4.25" and a little settling then I'm feeling much better about where I'll end up. (y)

You’re welcome and thank you for the compliments. Another thing to consider is actual tire size vs advertised tire size. There can be up to an inch+ of variance between different brands of tires that are advertised as the same size. I think there is a thread on this subject on this forum.

Reactions: Vasq
Looks great, man! I love the overall clean look that you went with. Awesome road trip pictures too!

I installed those seats in a C7 that I did some work on, and I was impressed. Much more comfortable than I had expected. Equally impressed with the overall quality of them too. I agree with you about the back seat. This would be for the extreme OCD, I know. But, when I was working on the C7, I was also fabricating a couple new parts that I decided to wrap in matching vinyl. I came across a company (http://b-dco.com/spice-denim-jeep-material/) that sells that old school denim pattern that your front seats have. It would be a pricey move, but the rear seat could be recovered by an upholstery shop. I have some pictures of that material on the pieces I wrapped, if you're interested.

Looks great, man! I love the overall clean look that you went with. Awesome road trip pictures too!

I installed those seats in a C7 that I did some work on, and I was impressed. Much more comfortable than I had expected. Equally impressed with the overall quality of them too. I agree with you about the back seat. This would be for the extreme OCD, I know. But, when I was working on the C7, I was also fabricating a couple new parts that I decided to wrap in matching vinyl. I came across a company (http://b-dco.com/spice-denim-jeep-material/) that sells that old school denim pattern that your front seats have. It would be a pricey move, but the rear seat could be recovered by an upholstery shop. I have some pictures of that material on the pieces I wrapped, if you're interested.
@bedhed I appreciate the compliments. I am familiar with the company bdco, I recently made some inquiries about getting some material from them for a few other projects I have, their stuff is spot on to the color I was looking for. Thanks for the information just the same. My front and back seats match in color, where they differ is in comparison to my bestop soft top and roll bar covers. But as you said “extreme OCD” 😂

Reactions: bedhed and Vasq
The yellow and tan looks AWESOME :D You are spot on, there is a mint restored CJ local to me with that color combo it is so classy and just right! You have an awesome jeep!

The yellow and tan looks AWESOME :D You are spot on, there is a mint restored CJ local to me with that color combo it is so classy and just right! You have an awesome jeep!
Thanks so much for the compliments 🙏🏼