Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Your TJ looks fantastic! I would love to change the black interior of my Impact Orange to tan, I may have to start seriously looking for a donor.
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the compliments. The potential to find cost effective donors is out there. Good luck, I’d love to see the conversion if you do it.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
That's a cool pic, man. I can't help but wonder though. Did you leave mud on the one, single light for the obsessive folks out here?😆😐

Seriously though, that is cool. Makes me want to fool around with it in Photoshop. You mind?🤓
Ha ha honestly that is just how it ended up. I don’t know why it only stuck to the one light 🤔. But go ahead have at it with the photoshop, interested to see what comes of it lol.👍🏼

Reactions: bedhed
At first glance, this was cool and funny at the same time. Then I realized you made the soft top, and shit got real.😆 I feel like we missed out on some of the wizardry that took place with this build.
Ha ha. I hurt my back pretty good at work a little while ago and the healing process has limited me in what I can/can’t do so naturally I started tinkering. Saw some custom overland hot wheels and matchbox cars online and I knew I had to do a TJ. I made the soft top, the suspension, the front and rear bumpers, the rear view mirrors and the fog lights. I’m trying to make a winch right now but it’s tough to get the proportions right. It’s fun actually and a bit therapeutic for times you can’t do the things you are used to.

Ha ha. I hurt my back pretty good at work a little while ago and the healing process has limited me in what I can/can’t do so naturally I started tinkering. Saw some custom overland hot wheels and matchbox cars online and I knew I had to do a TJ. I made the soft top, the suspension, the front and rear bumpers, the rear view mirrors and the fog lights. I’m trying to make a winch right now but it’s tough to get the proportions right. It’s fun actually and a bit therapeutic for times you can’t do the things you are used to.
I'm in somewhat of a similar situation, here. I've been tempted to look through some model cars to see what they have nowadays. Many years since I've put one of those together.
I wondered about the suspension you have there. I was zooming in and out trying to determine if that was something you did. That's really cool, man. Little projects like that are therapeutic sometimes.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Love the color scheme! Ran it myself when I first bought my 06’. Quickly grew on me until I decided to change the color scheme but kept the seats. Reminds me of a yellow Porsche 911 with the brown interior.

View attachment 115650
Hello. I was wondering ur roof rack ith the soft top. Im interested in getting one but woried about it with the sof top. Is it all functional or do u have to remove bars to drop the top?

Ha ha honestly that is just how it ended up. I don’t know why it only stuck to the one light 🤔. But go ahead have at it with the photoshop, interested to see what comes of it lol.👍🏼
Nothing crazy. Just a little tweaking and fooling around. I was tempted to have the one muddy light match the others, but now that I know it just happened that way, I had to leave it. 😎 Haha. Thanks, man!

88E91AE6-63A5-440D-A4AF-CA50E7637CB2comp.jpg

88E91AE6-63A5-440D-A4AF-CA50E7637CB22.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. I was wondering ur roof rack ith the soft top. Im interested in getting one but woried about it with the sof top. Is it all functional or do u have to remove bars to drop the top?

The rack is a Gobi Stealth Rack. Removing the soft top completely with the rack on isn’t really difficult. Just requires a little maneuvering towards the back of this rack due to the ladder. As for my soft top it does have the sun rider feature which I can only use by removing the four bolts at the front of my roof rack, removing the Forward clamps to the soft top, then raising the rack slightly to use the sun rider feature.

The rack is a Gobi Stealth Rack. Removing the soft top completely with the rack on isn’t really difficult. Just requires a little maneuvering towards the back of this rack due to the ladder. As for my soft top it does have the sun rider feature which I can only use by removing the four bolts at the front of my roof rack, removing the Forward clamps to the soft top, then raising the rack slightly to use the sun rider feature.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Do u remember the price of the rack and all hardware needed?

Reactions: bedhed
Run announcement posted for 2/9/2020. SoCal people please see calendar if interested. See ya out there.