Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Yes, Adham Sproat run’s it. I am originally from Monroe (just returned after being gone for a long time for work) and it is cool that I have a great shop right here. He put on my 4” long arm lift, trussed both axles and my ball joints, as well as many other things.
for the first 5 years of my life I lived on Bennett Lane of Territorial highway.

Reactions: zebra12
Ok a bit of anecdotal malarkey for everyone to start arguing about 😂 so before the hood vents were installed I could fry an egg on my hood after 30 minutes of driving. Now with the vents installed and functional the hood is completely cool after an hour plus of driving, the vents are super hot. They are now the only thing hot on the hood after extended driving. No I didn’t point a TIC at the hood and measure temps before and after and no I didn’t measure air intake temps. These things I don’t care about. My only hope was since this is my daily driver and the sensors and other plastic and rubber bits are getting more and more scarce in a quality format, I’ll try and prolong their life a little by reducing under hood temps. Will it work? I don’t know. The hood isn’t hot anymore so I count that as a win.

Ok a bit of anecdotal malarkey for everyone to start arguing about 😂 so before the hood vents were installed I could fry an egg on my hood after 30 minutes of driving. Now with the vents installed and functional the hood is completely cool after an hour plus of driving, the vents are super hot. They are now the only thing hot on the hood after extended driving. No I didn’t point a TIC at the hood and measure temps before and after and no I didn’t measure air intake temps. These things I don’t care about. My only hope was since this is my daily driver and the sensors and other plastic and rubber bits are getting more and more scarce in a quality format, I’ll try and prolong their life a little by reducing under hood temps. Will it work? I don’t know. The hood isn’t hot anymore so I count that as a win.
Sounds like a win to me! Now, if some one were to live in the northern parts of the country, they might consider designing some vent plugs for winter time!

• Haha
Reactions: D M and Nickgsjeep
Ok a bit of anecdotal malarkey for everyone to start arguing about 😂
Everybody that has them likes them. The only thing I've ever wondered about for a second was the air forced under the tub, the transmission tunnel and all that when you are driving. It seems that every bit of air that goes out the hood doesn't go out the bottom when you are moving. I don't loose much sleep over it either way. What vents did you put in, I probably missed it?

Reactions: Wildman
my parts list is like my to do list at work. every time i scratch something off 2 things get added...

I should prioritize parts like my work projects; I have 4 columns on my board for taskers: week, month, year, and never.

the never column is where i put my bosses really dumb ideas when he doesn't give me a due date. Makes it awkward when he shows up...

Everybody that has them likes them. The only thing I've ever wondered about for a second was the air forced under the tub, the transmission tunnel and all that when you are driving. It seems that every bit of air that goes out the hood doesn't go out the bottom when you are moving. I don't loose much sleep over it either way. What vents did you put in, I probably missed it?
I can assure you that there is no shortage of airflow underneath the jeep due to the installation of these vents. I’m a scientist

I installed the Grand Cherokee vents.

i had engine bay temps venting through spots and heating things i didn't want heated. after installing hood vents that temp was cut in 1/2. a few holes in the inner fenders and it was eliminated.

Reactions: L J and reddvltj
Starts on page 40 post # 797

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nicks-yellow-throwback-jeep.26039/page-40

No I didn’t point a TIC at the hood and measure temps before and after and no I didn’t measure air intake temps. These things I don’t care about.
200.gif

That happened to me recently - about 10 years after I changed my gears. Best I can figure the original loctite just degraded and checking the ring gear bolts should be a maintenance item during diff fluid changes. I cleaned out the ring gear thread holes with some compressed air, ran a thread restore in each ring gear thread, and installed a new set of ring gear bolts with some hi temp red loctite (different than the normal red loctite) and it's been fine since.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep