Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Picked these up from the yards. Their difference is slight but I’ll probably be the only one who notices. They were in the best condition. One step closer for the little one.
6D4B335A-3BF8-40BC-A7C9-D75B6331B380.jpeg

It's seriously made me consider getting the spice hardtop for mine.
Are you going to leave bumpers n trim black on the outside, or spice them too?
I think it would be a serious hit or miss situation
I’m going to leave those black, everything that is black on the exterior I prepped, primed and painted (tediously I might add) with duplicolor bed armor. It has a texture comparable to the early factory hardtops. I don’t think a spice tan color on those trim pieces would mesh well. Even early model TJs that came out of the box with the spice options still had black trim. I think it helps it maintain a cool, almost factory sleeper look.

Thanks a lot, I thought it was a risky move in case it turned out hideous but I think it looks pretty cool.

Love the color scheme! Ran it myself when I first bought my 06’. Quickly grew on me until I decided to change the color scheme but kept the seats. Reminds me of a yellow Porsche 911 with the brown interior.

3E176770-BE59-41EF-83A8-FEF1581BB04E.jpeg

Love the color scheme! Ran it myself when I first bought my 06’. Quickly grew on me until I decided to change the color scheme but kept the seats. Reminds me of a yellow Porsche 911 with the brown interior.

View attachment 115650
Yaaaaas!! So sick! Yellow Spice TJs unite! Looks great, how did you like the full vinyl seats? Were they hot? Is that the trailmax fold n tumble in the back?

Yaaaaas!! So sick! Yellow Spice TJs unite! Looks great, how did you like the full vinyl seats? Were they hot? Is that the trailmax fold n tumble in the back?

Love the seats! Very comfortable after breaking them in a bit. And they usually don’t retain much heat-at least enough to make me jump right back out 😂 and yes the rear is a fold and tumble! It’s great but only downside is when I want to remove it takes a bit more time compared to stock.

Love the seats! Very comfortable after breaking them in a bit. And they usually don’t retain much heat-at least enough to make me jump right back out 😂 and yes the rear is a fold and tumble! It’s great but only downside is when I want to remove it takes a bit more time compared to stock.
👍🏼 nice! And I meant do they get hot while sitting in them? Ha ha I guess I should’ve specified. I’ve heard some say the full vinyl makes ya sweaty and hot 🤷🏻‍♂️

10D80ACA-9C96-4512-8130-BAB94487BAAA.jpeg
New back seat for the kiddo. Install was pretty simple. The brackets require the old hardware for the factory brackets which I didn’t have so tracking some down was fun. This replacement is significantly more permanent than the factory rear seat. It sill has the fold and tumble option but if you want to remove it entirely you have to remove two e clips and one of the brackets. Overall a very nice seat with solid construction. I choose the all vinyl option because it was literally bought for a 3 year old so I could see the seat with cloth inserts getting nasty. Full vinyl will be waaaay easier to keep clean. The one thing that slightly bothers me about this brands seats (trust me I am aware how nitpicky this is) is that the material is ever so slightly different from the exterior products and therefore has a slightly different shade of the spice color. It’s almost a little diluted compared to the tops/roll bar covers/tire covers. The exterior products pop a little more. Something to be aware of if looking at these seats. Sorry for the poor lightning. I’ll try and get a better pic later.

Last edited:
Then these came in, not to bad of an install once you get past drilling into your tub.View attachment 112168View attachment 112169i forgot to mention everything that’s black on the exterior I sanded, primed, and painted with duplicolor bed armor. It has a subtle texture and is rubberized. If you use it you have to do many light coats or else it just gobs up.
What rocker guards are those?

Ever since adding aftermarket seats I effectively eliminated the fold and tumble feature of the front seats by any normal means. Now that I’m putting the kiddo in and out on a more regular basis I needed this feature so I rigged up a little pull lever today
14D75DD1-72FE-4563-9581-D54285870962.jpeg

I picked up a general purpose pull starter from the hardware store for a couple bucks and used 550 cord.
2650E33B-502C-4EE9-AFC8-AC70142B7A58.jpeg

under the seat I found the cross bar with the actuating lever that activates the fold and tumble and tied the other end of the 550 cord to it. Now my fold and tumble works by just a small pull on the starter handle instead of having to reach under the seat to turn the bar by hand.