Nitto Ridgegrappler alternative

BigLJ

So I got a call from my shop yesterday that nitto does not make the ridgegrappler in 33x15x10…which really sucks because I was quiet set on those tires. The wheels are already here so no changing that. I looked at the duratrac and Cooper St maxx, I'm 90 percent of my driving will be on road and nasty Vermont Winters. I don't want a very loud tires that will ride poorly. I'm looking for the best ride and mud terrain look with good snow and ice profomance and on road highway and around town quiet.

Let me know any and all suggestions I'm coming up with nothing that I'm set on currently and need to have them ordered by Monday.

Check out General's Grabber line. Specifically the Grabber. Pretty sure that is a Hybrid AT / MT as well. They make it in a 33 x 10.5 x 15

views-grabber.png

In addition to those listed, I'd check out the Grabber X3, and the new BFgoodrich KM3s and Ko2s

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I think that is a Discount Tire house brand. My Girlfriends Jeep came with them also.

I was going to give a shout out for the Duratrac. I have a set on my TJ and they are quiet on the freeway. Although I have a soft top, not sure how the difference would be with a hard top, but I cannot hear my tires on the freeway over the normal jeep noises, and I don't consider my top to be noisy. Well noisier than any other soft top. They also come in a 33x10.5

I think that is a Discount Tire house brand. My Girlfriends Jeep came with them also.

I was going to give a shout out for the Duratrac. I have a set on my TJ and they are quiet on the freeway. Although I have a soft top, not sure how the difference would be with a hard top, but I cannot hear my tires on the freeway over the normal jeep noises, and I don't consider my top to be noisy. Well noisier than any other soft top. They also come in a 33x10.5
My post was a sort of sideways spelling correction :cool:.

I've looked at the Falken tires on Discount Tire's site. It appears they do not offer a load range C in the 265/75-16 size, so they are off the list. Duratracs do come in load range C in the size I need, along with a few others. I am just trying to narrow down the choices. I drove a co-workers JK with Duratrac tires, and it seemed a bit noisy to me on the street, but that could be due to them being more worn, and also a wider size (285/75-17). So the jury's still out. I may just have to go to Discount Tire and have them show me the tire...

I had a different experience with the Duratrac. When I first got my 265/75R16 Duratrac - they were pretty good - not great, but good for as aggressive as they were. But as they wore, they got louder. Just replaced them (with over half tread left) with some ST Maxx in 255/85R16 and it's night and day difference. The ST Maxx are so much quieter that I'm now fixing noises I couldn't hear on the road before.

Reactions: ac_
I had a different experience with the Duratrac. When I first got my 265/75R16 Duratrac - they were pretty good - not great, but good for as aggressive as they were. But as they wore, they got louder. Just replaced them (with over half tread left) with some ST Maxx in 255/85R16 and it's night and day difference. The ST Maxx are so much quieter that I'm now fixing noises I couldn't hear on the road before.
Thanks for that, This is really my first set of Duratrac so I cannot speak for the longevity or the noise as they wear yet, but I have 5K on them and they are still pretty quiet. I did have a weird sidewall puncture that I have never had before with any other tires. I was worried about that, but it seems like it may have been a fluke thing.

I do like to read about comparisons and other experiences. I am going to check those tires out, but I am still on the search for the most quiet, and most aggressive tire I can get, because I built my Jeep to do as good as it can on the road as well as off more of an enduro type. At least for my needs. I am not a wheeler per say, but I do like to fish and camp in less traveled areas.