No bus, runs horrible, and can't check codes

1Blacktj

TJ Enthusiast
Was driving today and it started running extremely rough and engine light started flashing. Got home and went to check codes and no bus popped up. It runs and cranks just runs horrible. Any help would be appreciated

Was driving today and it started running extremely rough and engine light started flashing. Got home and went to check codes and no bus popped up. It runs and cranks just runs horrible. Any help would be appreciated

Call Mark at Wrangler Fix, most likely your PCM has died.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Can it die and it still crank up and run and idle? It idles rough but it does idle.

The PCM provides 5V reference voltage for the TPS, CKPS, CMPS, IAC and MAP so it is doubtful the PCM has died yet, but the some of the internal communications of the PCM are affected due to bad circuit board traces and connections.
Contact Mark @Wranglerfix who is the forums resident PCM guru. He should be able to assist you in determining whether the PCM is at fault.

I had that same problem a couple years back and it turned out to be my spark plugs. But eventually my PCM went bad and Mark from Wrangler Fix hooked me up. Jeep runs like mew now.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
runs like mew now.

1662472816550.png

So I got the new pcm in today and still is running rough and the no bus pops up once I plug the obd2 in and won’t check the codes. No idea where to go from here.

Oh man, that sucks. I can relate to that feeling. Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction, apologize it's not me.

The good thing is these Jeeps are always fixable, so you'll eventually be back on the road. Cheers ✌️

I’m just not sure what to try next.

You may want to check-

for a wire getting too hot- I had an injector plug on my manifold making one go crazy

Loose connections under the power distribution box by the battery

A short in the harness- typically around the back of the engine