No communication with PCM

ADsLJ

My jeep died while driving down the road and will not start back up. The security key light is on and everything else on the jeep seems to be working right but when I try to get a code it will not communicate with the PCM. I have read that some sensors can go bad and cause this problem and was wondering if their might be anyone that could point me in the right direction as to which sensors to test first so I am not going through all of them for no reason. I have a 2006 Rubicon unlimited. If anyone else has any other ideas as to why this may have happened please let me know as I am not very mechanically inclined and really don't know what I am doing. Just trying to fix the problem myself if possible to save money and keep from having to take it to the dealership.

There are a few things that come to mind. If you’re plugging a scanner into the datalink connector and it won’t communicate with the PCM, make sure the ground from the back of the head (engine) to the firewall is good.

Another possibility is that the ignition actuator pins broke and you’re not able to turn the key far enough to wake the PCM.

Good voltage and clean grounds at the battery are vital for TJs. Make sure the battery is good and that the posts, terminals and grounds are clean.

If everything above checks out, there’s a high likelihood the PCM needs to be replaced. It sounds like the ignition sense circuit has failed.