No correlation between throttle sensor and pedal position sensor voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendubsky

I have replaced both, the pedal sensor and the throttle position sensor but I have no voltage correlation between sensor A & B with a low voltage on both. Where do I go next? What am I missing?

What low voltage are you getting? 5 VDC is normal at those sensors. I dunno what a pedal sensor is, I'd normally consider that term to mean the Throttle Position Sensor.

Low voltage is what the obd scanner said. According to the part, the foot pedal is a sensor.

Do you have any error codes? TJs don't have pedal position sensors as the throttle is mechanical, not electronic. They are connected by a wire.

What year is your Jeep? If it's a later model than a TJ, the advice could be very different

Do you have any error codes? TJs don't have pedal position sensors as the throttle is mechanical, not electronic. They are connected by a wire.

What year is your Jeep? If it's a later model than a TJ, the advice could be very different
2012,2 door wrangler, daughters vehicle.
codes p0122, p0227, p2135

I don't know the difference, Vin tag doesn't state specifically.

I recommend reposting this at the sister JK forum:
https://wranglerjkforum.net/You will get much more applicable advice there.
This forum is solely focused on 1997-2006 models (known as TJs), whereas the 2007-2018 models (known as JKs) are represented at the linked forum.

Maybe @Chris has a way of transferring accounts and posts. If not, just duplicate your account there. Both sites are under the same ownership and management

I recommend reposting this at the sister JK forum:
https://wranglerjkforum.net/You will get much more applicable advice there.
This forum is solely focused on 1997-2006 models (known as TJs), whereas the 2007-2018 models (known as JKs) are represented at the linked forum.

Maybe @Chris has a way of transferring accounts and posts. If not, just duplicate your account there. Both sites are under the same ownership and management
Yes, please post on the JK forum, this is a TJ forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.