daurand

2002 4.0 manual stalled while wife was driving ☹️. Fuel gauge shows empty and won’t restart. I was thinking fuel pump died. Engine spins when attempting to start. Dropped tank - still 1/2 full of gas. When I apply 12V to electric connector at tank, pump sprays gas. I checked continuity of power and ground lines from under hood relay and battery to connector and both are good. Relay is good. Fuse is good. Plugged electric connector together (tank not installed) and get no gas 😡. No codes. What else do I check?
FWIW: After Jeep was towed home I was able to start it and tell wife it must just be her 😊. Then it wouldn’t start again for me. Eats own words.

Broken
2002 4.0 manual stalled while wife was driving ☹️. Fuel gauge shows empty and won’t restart. I was thinking fuel pump died. Engine spins when attempting to start. Dropped tank - still 1/2 full of gas. When I apply 12V to electric connector at tank, pump sprays gas. I checked continuity of power and ground lines from under hood relay and battery to connector and both are good. Relay is good. Fuse is good. Plugged electric connector together (tank broken wire to the tanknot installed) and get no gas 😡. No codes. What else do I check?
FWIW: After Jeep was towed home I was able to start it and tell wife it must just be her 😊. Then it wouldn’t start again for me. Eats own words.

wire

When I tested wires (continuity) they looked good. I’ll check again.

Is there an ‘easy’ but correct way to replace from relay back? How do I access underneath relay?

I didn’t know if you checked continuity from front to back to the tank,it’s got to be a broken wire or loose connector

How did you determine the Fuel Pump Relay is good ?
The coil inside the relay may have too much resistance and may drop out when the windings get warm.
Resistance across the relay coil leads should be no more than 70 ohms.
Did you check the operation of the Automatic Shutdown Relay ?

How did you determine the Fuel Pump Relay is good ?
The coil inside the relay may have too much resistance and may drop out when the windings get warm.
Resistance across the relay coil leads should be no more than 70 ohms.
Did you check the operation of the Automatic Shutdown Relay ?

I tested relay 2 ways: switched with another relay and measured resistance. Can’t remember if it was greater or less than 70 ohms.
I didn’t check automatic shutdown relay. Will try that next.