WTB: (no longer needed) 32RH transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favor and pull the FSM for your year and start to look for the part number differences between the manual and auto. Swapping is very possible, but you need WAY more than just a transmission. Things like dipstick tubes can be hard to find.

Reactions: lBasket
Do yourself a favor and pull the FSM for your year and start to look for the part number differences between the manual and auto. Swapping is very possible, but you need WAY more than just a transmission. Things like dipstick tubes can be hard to find.

I get that, but I'm not gonna start spending money on any of the supporting items until I am sure I can actually source the transmission affordably. If I'm in contact with someone with the 32rh, I'm hoping they are parting out and I can buy the rest at the same time, but you never know.

There is a guy in my hometown (Gilbert, AZ), who is parting out 97-02 TJs all the time. Maybe he might have a 32rh. I see his posts all the time on Craigslist and FB.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/d/gilbert-jeep-tj-wrangler-part-out/7614675659.html

Here is a post where he mentions having the auto trans (though I think the one in the picture would be with the newer 42rle?), but last time I called him about a gastank for a friend he mentioned that he generally has the 97-02s.

There is also a wrecker in Phoenix that specializes in TJs (though from the things I have called him about, he is very proud of his high priced stuff). Here is one of his posts with contact info:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ptd/d/phoenix-2002-jeep-tj-wrangler-sport/7616309740.html

There is a guy in my hometown (Gilbert, AZ), who is parting out 97-02 TJs all the time. Maybe he might have a 32rh. I see his posts all the time on Craigslist and FB.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/d/gilbert-jeep-tj-wrangler-part-out/7614675659.html

Here is a post where he mentions having the auto trans (though I think the one in the picture would be with the newer 42rle?), but last time I called him about a gastank for a friend he mentioned that he generally has the 97-02s.

There is also a wrecker in Phoenix that specializes in TJs (though from the things I have called him about, he is very proud of his high priced stuff). Here is one of his posts with contact info:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ptd/d/phoenix-2002-jeep-tj-wrangler-sport/7616309740.html

Dang, first guy won't ship. Phoenix is 12 hours from me lmao.

Left a vmail with the second guy, can't hurt.

Dang, first guy won't ship. Phoenix is 12 hours from me lmao.

Left a vmail with the second guy, can't hurt.

Figured I would throw it out there in case you wanted to make a drive. There are a lot of TJs in AZ (Jeeps in general TBH). So this may be a good place to source rust-free TJ parts.

Figured I would throw it out there in case you wanted to make a drive. There are a lot of TJs in AZ (Jeeps in general TBH). So this may be a good place to source rust-free TJ parts.

Yeah, appreciated! Gotta keep looking out, or else I'm just gonna end up with a AW4 🫥

I wish there was an easy way to ship the one I have. It's just sitting on the shelf and won't get used.

• Sad
I wish there was an easy way to ship the one I have. It's just sitting on the shelf and won't get used.

Going to moab this year by chance? I'd be on the way... probably a hard fit with gear tho.

I'm going to Indiana at some point this year most likely. That's not much closer is it

I get that, but I'm not gonna start spending money on any of the supporting items until I am sure I can actually source the transmission affordably. If I'm in contact with someone with the 32rh, I'm hoping they are parting out and I can buy the rest at the same time, but you never know.

this turned out to be a lie I already paid for the dipstick tube lol man I am impatient

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_H
@lBasket and @Irun

I’d bet that transmission would be about 150 bucks to ship, LTL. Look into Fastenal if you all have one by each of you. They sell space in their distribution trucks and you drop off and pick up at the local branches.

You could also look into freight companies, but if you don’t work at a place with a dock or HiLo to load and unload the truck, it’s tough for the average guy to go that route.

@lBasket and @Irun

I’d bet that transmission would be about 150 bucks to ship, LTL. Look into Fastenal if you all have one by each of you. They sell space in their distribution trucks and you drop off and pick up at the local branches.

You could also look into freight companies, but if you don’t work at a place with a dock or HiLo to load and unload the truck, it’s tough for the average guy to go that route.
Wow I just looked up the Fastenal thing, "Blue Lane Freight". Seems like a cool idea.

@Irun If you'd be down to do that shoot me a PM and let me know how much you'd want for the transmission. Fastenal route probably sounds best to not pay for the lift, I live down a dirt road and stuff. I can do all the legwork for finding shipping costs I'd probably just need a weight and dimensions I'd guess

Status
Not open for further replies.