No more Bosch fuel pumps produced. What is the next best?

I’ll be more precise and answer your question directly: The starting issue happens if the car has been sitting for an extended period of time, like as you said, all day or all night. It will not occur if it has been sitting for a few minutes.

I have not replaced the fuel pressure regulator. I actually saw a post of yours saying something to the affect of just replace the whole assembly.

Can anyone tell me which one to buy for my 03 Sport with the 19 gallon tank? Just reading the thread has tainted my mojo.

From the employees and representatives I’ve talked to from Aeromotive, they are VERY proud of the “made in America” stamp. Don’t see them moving production to China any time soon.

Hopefully that is the case! I guess with all the China tariffs these days, they don't have a reason to anymore!

Did you also replace the fuel pressure regulator? It also has a check valve but it causes a faster occurring failure to start than the fuel pump's check valve typically does. Which is why I asked my question above, though I didn't understand the answer received.
Jerry,
I have the same issue. loosing pressure in the fuel line. I replace whole unit with a Napa brand and I got only 44 Psi running, after stopping the engine, I started loosing pressure right away, going to zero in about 3 hours. I went back to Napa and they replace the unit with a Delphi. running at 55 Psi, but still loosing pressure, not as bad, but overnight it went from 55 to 38. Should i get the Bosh Fuel pump or the Mopar regulator to fix this problem?
Thank you in advance.

Jerry,
I have the same issue. loosing pressure in the fuel line. I replace whole unit with a Napa brand and I got only 44 Psi running, after stopping the engine, I started loosing pressure right away, going to zero in about 3 hours. I went back to Napa and they replace the unit with a Delphi. running at 55 Psi, but still loosing pressure, not as bad, but overnight it went from 55 to 38. Should i get the Bosh Fuel pump or the Mopar regulator to fix this problem?
Thank you in advance.
You might have a small leak somewhere. If three different units lose pressure, I would suspect something else. I recommend searching the entire fuel delivery system from the pump connectors to the injectors. The injector rail is known to sometimes leak.

Jerry,
Thank you in advance.
Pressure leak down is totally normal and is noted in the Factory service manual, your fine.

Reactions: Mrhp
Pressure leak down is totally normal and is noted in the Factory service manual, your fine.

exactly. Gasoline, like most liquids, is effectively incompressible at the pressures we deal with. It takes VERY little volume of fuel to get out (and conversely, get pumped back in) to make a big difference in the pressure.

The problem arises when a large amount of fuel leaks back into the tank, or into the manifold, or elsewhere, such that it takes several seconds for the pump to refill the line.

I had a Toyota that had the long crank problem, but often following a long crank the exhaust would smell strongly of fuel for a few seconds after it started. I suspect it was an injector leaking into the manifold, so the pump had to refill the line and then all the excess fuel had to burn off. I sold it without addressing it.

Jerry,
Thank you in advance.
That sounds normal to me too. As above, some leakdown is normal. It's only something to worry about when you get extended crank times before the engine starts.

That sounds normal to me too. As above, some leakdown is normal. It's only something to worry about when you get extended crank times before the engine starts.
An easy way to test if it's a problem is by starting the cold engine by turning the key on once. And then compare by priming the fuel by turning the key on multiple times before cranking the engine.

If I primed two times it starts right up when cranked it. I guess I have to learn to do it every time is cold. I owned this Jeep since 2012 and never had to prime the fuel line before. It start having long cranks 3 weeks ago, I replace fuel pump, problem continued, I replace distributor rotor, distribuitor cap, spark plugs, ignition coil, then the pump again and the problem continued, I already checked leaks all the way from fuel pump to injectors and everything is dry. I keep it in the garage and there is no gas smell on it after loosing the pessure the only thing left to check or replace is the injectors.