No more Bosch fuel pumps produced. What is the next best?

garagecouple

Hi Everyone,

Looking to replace my fuel pump. Wanted to go with Bosch but they no longer make them. What is the next best?

Thanks!

No friggin' clue here. I would say something that comes with a warranty I guess. They are all going to be made in China at this point.

Hi Everyone,

Looking to replace my fuel pump. Wanted to go with Bosch but they no longer make them. What is the next best?

Thanks!

Please fill out your profile so we know what year your Jeep is. It will make it easier to suggest the different options available.

Reactions: pagrey
Went with a Delphi, though I have basically no miles on mine yet so I can’t speak to how it holds up. Thankfully the tank on the early TJ’s seem to be a lot easier to remove than the later models (at least from the videos I’ve seen), so if it does go bad, it won’t be too much of a pain to replace.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
There might still Bosch fuel pumps available for your TJ but without any info about your Jeep it's hard to know... like at least its model year. There are still Bosch fuel pumps available for some model years. Your Profile is completely devoid of any information.

There might still Bosch fuel pumps available for your TJ but without any info about your Jeep it's hard to know... like at least its model year. There are still Bosch fuel pumps available for some model years. Your Profile is completely devoid of any information.

2001 19 gallon tank

Was hoping for the entire assembly or at least including a regulator as well. I don't know if I would be able to swap out just the pump from the assembly.
You only asked about the fuel pump. But if you are capable of replacing the entire assembly you are capable of replacing its fuel pump. The fuel pressure regulator rarely has problems but it is easily replaced and available separately.

I have several Mopar units complete still new in the box if anyone is interested.. was saving them for TJ parts apocalypse..

I have several Mopar units complete still new in the box if anyone is interested.. was saving them for TJ parts apocalypse..
I'm interested! I just put one of the Delphi's in but it didn't fix my starting issue. Still need to "prime" the engine with the key toggle. Plus this Delphi pump assembly is showing 3/4 a tank when it's actually full. Hoping that getting my hands on a new Bosch will solve this...

I'm interested! I just put one of the Delphi's in but it didn't fix my starting issue. Still need to "prime" the engine with the key toggle. Plus this Delphi pump assembly is showing 3/4 a tank when it's actually full. Hoping that getting my hands on a new Bosch will solve this...
Does your starting issue only happen after it sits for a while, like all day or overnight, or does it not start even if it has just been shitting for minutes?

Does your starting issue only happen after it sits for a while, like all day or overnight, or does it not start even if it has just been shitting for minutes?

If I cold start the engine, let it run for a moment, and then turn it off and back on it starts up fine. Same thing also if it's at temperature. Fires right up. Which is why I highly suspect fuel is draining from the lines back into the tank. And still suspect that after putting in the Delphi pump and assembly...

After as little as an hour is when I have trouble starting and have to do the key toggle trick.

Did you also replace the fuel pressure regulator? It also has a check valve but it causes a faster occurring failure to start than the fuel pump's check valve typically does. Which is why I asked my question above, though I didn't understand the answer received.