No More Dirt Every Day

freedom_in_4low

I'm a rooster illusion
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
  • Sad
Reactions: RINC and Apparition
I'm picking up that it was a MT corporate decision rather than a Dave and Fred decision, which is a big bummer.

I guess if the viewership numbers tell the story then suits are gonna do what they do but I feel like that was the only show they had that catered to the 4x4 crowd so theirs gotta be a portion of subscribers that are just gonna bail.

I don't feel like they even need ideas. Dave and Fred had such good chemistry together that they could do pretty much the same thing forever and I'd keep watching just to see them have so much fun doing it.

Reactions: RINC
I'm picking up that it was a MT corporate decision rather than a Dave and Fred decision, which is a big bummer.

I guess if the viewership numbers tell the story then suits are gonna do what they do but I feel like that was the only show they had that catered to the 4x4 crowd so theirs gotta be a portion of subscribers that are just gonna bail.

I don't feel like they even need ideas. Dave and Fred had such good chemistry together that they could do pretty much the same thing forever and I'd keep watching just to see them have so much fun doing it.

Aren’t they bringing Ian Johnson on for a new 4x4 show?

• Love

That paywall is why I never watched. Would just wait for the free clips on the Youboob machine and also the channel on my cable.

Aren’t they bringing Ian Johnson on for a new 4x4 show?

maybe so, I didn't know that...I literally only watched DED. I'll give him a chance but Dave and Fred just really resonate with me. They feel like guys that I would hang out with in real life.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Apparition
The article linked is from 2019 and I don't see any episodes of it available to watch on the app. Wonder if it fizzled out before it even started or they're really taking 3 years.

I never clicked the article. Wildman is peddling bad info.

Now I’m more saddened.

that’s sad. Great humor.

But they seem to have run out of ideas.

I lost interest in the Motor Trend content after they moved everything behind their subscription paywall a few years ago. But even back then, the shows felt like they were nearing their ends. Both DED and RKG were feeling tired and still felt that way whenever I was able to catch something more recent.

Reactions: psrivats
Dirt Everyday was great, but I didn't find a lot of other content I loved on motortrend. I would sometimes watch others on there, but they were never as engaging. I'll definitely follow Dave though, he's really great.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I lost interest in the Motor Trend content after they moved everything behind their subscription paywall a few years ago. But even back then, the shows felt like they were nearing their ends. Both DED and RKG were feeling tired and still felt that way whenever I was able to catch something more recent.

Same here .. I think the only episode I watched after they moved content behind subscriptions is the one they released in YouTube 2-3 years ago. They took a stock CJ5 and a stock Square body Chevy through the Rubicon. That's the only recent thing I even remember watching.

• USA Proud
Reactions: jjvw and RINC
Same here .. I think the only episode I watched after they moved content behind subscriptions is the one they released in YouTube 2-3 years ago. They took a stock CJ5 and a stock Square body Chevy through the Rubicon. That's the only recent thing I even remember watching.

That is still for me an epic video.

You guys hate the paywall all you want but if you buy more than 1 coffee a month then you've spent more on less. My sub was $24/yr. I already cancelled, cause I want them to know they're losing something, and hopefully I'm not alone. But I'm paid through January so I'll rewatch as much DED as I have time for until then.