No power to blower or fuses

Charles, I can’t thank you enough. Got the ignition terminal and installed it. Reconnected everything and nervously tested. Works like a champ. I buttoned everything up and my wife is out cleaning it now. I definitely couldn’t have done it without your guidance. Where are you from? I would love to buy you a beer some day. Thanks again! Steve

Steve,

I am in Northern San Diego, CA.
You are welcome....; glad I could be of help......
I enjoy troubleshooting Jeep problems.
The '01 Jeep TJ 4.0L 5 speed in my avatar was purchased two months ago for $6K as a project in need of maintenance and TLC. I now use it as a DD and occasionally explore trails.

IF fuse 8 has no power; what about 5,6, &7 ?
Sounds like you may need to disconnect the fuse block and check the wiring beneath.
According to the FSM.... 8W-10-13; the other 3 fuses are on the same fuse block.

I noticed you said that fuse 1 also doesn't have power; do fuses 2 & 3 on the PDC have power?
The only wiring upstream of that is the fusible link and the power from the battery according to 8W-10-9.
You may also need to unbolt the PDC and check its wiring.
I’m also having power issues. I don’t have power on fuse 5, 6, 7, or 8. I traced it back to the ignition switch and no power on the black and orange wire. I have voltage in and the jeep starts and runs great but I can’t seem to get power on the black/orange wire. I replaced the ignition switch with a new one and same condition. What am I missing?

I’m also having power issues. I don’t have power on fuse 5, 6, 7, or 8. I traced it back to the ignition switch and no power on the black and orange wire. I have voltage in and the jeep starts and runs great but I can’t seem to get power on the black/orange wire. I replaced the ignition switch with a new one and same condition. What am I missing?
Could you provide some information about your TJ (year, engine, trans and options) so we can assist you to troubleshoot your problem ?
You donot have any vehicle information in your profile.

Steve,

I am in Northern San Diego, CA.
You are welcome....; glad I could be of help......
I enjoy troubleshooting Jeep problems.
The '01 Jeep TJ 4.0L 5 speed in my avatar was purchased two months ago for $6K as a project in need of maintenance and TLC. I now use it as a DD and occasionally explore trails.
I hope you see this response.. you are the man!!!! I’ve been fighting this same problem. I’ve checked, replaced, pulled my hair and everything else you can imagine. I stumbled on this thread and I be dang, ran a hot to the black and orange and everything works like charm.

I hope you see this response.. you are the man!!!! I’ve been fighting this same problem. I’ve checked, replaced, pulled my hair and everything else you can imagine. I stumbled on this thread and I be dang, ran a hot to the black and orange and everything works like charm.

Good to know that members read thru the old topics and responses; they provide a wealth of information.

You are welcome..... Glad I could help...

Good to know that members read thru the old topics and responses; they provide a wealth of information.

I spoke a little to soon... ran a hot to my black/ orange. Everything worked. I ran out bought a switch, changed it out , still no blower power. I can once again run a jumper to the black orange and it powers up and runs. Could the ignition tumbler be bad? I really have no clue where to go next and I’ve came up empty on the threads.

Since you replaced the ignition switch and that did not resolve the problem and you are applying 12V power thru a jumper to the black/orange wire and that powers up the fuses 5,6,7 and 8 down stream then I would take a close look at the condition of the harness with the black/orange wire. IF there is 12V power on ignition switch pin that goes to the black/orange wire then start tracing the black/orange wire on the way to the fuse block behind the glove compartment to see where the voltage stops. There may be a bad connector further into the harness.

Since you replaced the ignition switch and that did not resolve the problem and you are applying 12V power thru a jumper to the black/orange wire and that power up the fuses 5,6,7 and 8 down stream then I would take a close look at the condition of the harness with the black/orange wire. IF there is 12V power on ignition switch pin that goes to the black/orange wire then start tracing the black/orange wire to see where the voltage stops. There may be a bad connector further into the harness.
Ok. I’ll start looking from there. Also while I’m jumping the wire I have it plugged in to the ignition switch and I’m putting power the back side of the terminal..

With the harness disconnected from the ignition switch check the terminal pin 8 where the black/orange wire would connect to see if there is voltage there when the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
There should be...
IF not... then check the incoming 12 gauge Pink/Black wire connecting to the ignition switch on pin 9 to see if there is voltage there

Last edited:
With the harness disconnected from the ignition switch check the terminal pin 8 where the black/orange wire would connect to see if there is voltage there when the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
There should be...
IF not... then check the incoming 12 gauge Pink/Black wire connecting to the ignition switch on pin 9 to see if there is voltage there
With it unplugged from the switch , the key in on position I only have power at the red wire . No power on the pink and black.

With it unplugged from the switch , the key in on position I only have power at the red wire . No power on the pink and black.
Both the engine starter relay and the ignition switch secondary contacts are fed from fuse 6 (40A) at the PDC. Since you have no voltage to the pink/black wire then you will need to check the wiring beneath the PDC and check the condition of Splice S111 and Connector C106 and pin 6 for voltage.
I believe you have a bad connection or melted connector beneath the PDC.

Last edited:
Both the engine starter relay and the ignition switch secondary contacts are fed from fuse 6 (40A) at the PDC. Since you have no voltage to the pink/black wire then you will need to check the wiring beneath the PDC and check the condition of Splice S111 and Connector C106 and pin 6 for voltage.
I believe you have a bad connection or melted connector beneath the PDC.
I’ll give a check. Man thank you for your help

You can do that, but I would not connect that new wire to the terminal pin 8 on the ignition switch otherwise IF there is a bad connector or melted wire beneath the PDC; you could end up with a fire while the ignition is in the ON position.
This should be considered a temporary fix until you find the real problem.

You can do that, but I would not connect that new wire to the terminal pin 8 on the ignition switch otherwise IF there is a bad connector or melted wire beneath the PDC; you could end up with a fire while the ignition is in the ON position.
This should be considered a temporary fix until you find the real problem.
Yes, this has me Leary. I’ve looked behind both fuse boxes, all
Wires and connections appear to be good..

Personally I wouldn't drive around with that jumper installed; the jumper is for test purposes ONLY....
That’s a big negative on the jumper wire.. when you start the Jeep it keeps the starter in gauged. Had to abort that idea... now I have absolutely no idea what to do next. I’ve had both fuse boxes unbolted and checked every wire and crimp. All that looks good, no dirt grime or discoloration. I guess I’ll just drive it with no heat or ac. I’ve checked fuses, changed fuses just in case some was bad that the naked eye couldn’t see. New relay, new resistor, new ignition switch. Cant find and burnt or discolored connectors... my only option I can think of would be by a new wiring harness, but that’s probably not going to happen... I do want to think everyone for the help and comments. It’s killing me I can’t this figured out. I’ve put a lot of time in this thing and I want it back to original working condition.
3637921A-FB71-4E82-A033-844E03203CBB.jpeg

A print, multimeter, test light, and some patience and you'd figure this out. Download your wiring diagrams. I explained in your other thread exactly what to do. This is a simple, simple circuit. There's only a handful of things that could be happening, and could all be ruled out with the list above.