No power to blower or fuses

No go on the relay. I loosened up the PDC and removed the battery. Did not see any evident burning. The wire to position #1 in the PDC is red with a light blue stripe. Position #1 does have power when the battery is connected.
When removing the battery, there are 2 positive red wires going to the battery. Both are frayed and one was loose. Not sure if I disconnected or removing the terminal or if it was already off.

No go on the relay. I loosened up the PDC and removed the battery. Did not see any evident burning. The wire to position #1 in the PDC is red with a light blue stripe. Position #1 does have power when the battery is connected.
When removing the battery, there are 2 positive red wires going to the battery. Both are frayed and one was loose. Not sure if I disconnected or removing the terminal or if it was already off.

OUCH.... Both are frayed and one was loose...
That can be a cause for you problems. Do what you need to do to correct the frayed wires and clean all connections before reassembling and tightening the cables to the positive battery terminal.
See if this corrects some of your problems.

Reactions: DaYooperTransplant
Put battery back in, fixed the cable, put the old relay back in. Still no blower. Tested the relay base again. Has power to one of the plugs. Even when I cycle power to the blower, no other slots come alive. Not sure if it is 1 or not. Change the fan, turn the blower to off and do not hear a relay tick. Should I?

Does anything function on your climate control console?
I am thinking there may be a problem with your climate control console that is stopping the fan relay from energizing.
This may have happened when the harness shorted and melted.

I can hear the compressor kick on and off as I rotate through. I hear a pshhhhh sound as well but no fan on any speed. When would fuse #8 behind the glove box activate? No action there. I have pulled the control board and did not see anything obvious. I have the middle dash off so can look it over again more closely.

Sorry for the delayed response..... Busy helping my brother with an electrical problem on his 2011 JK.
Just reviewed some of your responses from previous question asked and I missed something important. When I asked you the status concerning fuses 5,6,7 behind the glove compartment when the ignition was in RUN; you said they had no power. From what I can tell from the factory wiring schematics (8W-10-13); fuses 5,6,7 & 8 are fed from the ignition switch position 2 "RUN" and should have power when the ignition switch is in run position.
So if fuses 5,6,7,& 8 do not have power when the ignition is in RUN; then I would check the ignition switch to see if the previous short circuit affected the ignition switch harness connector.

I guess I didn’t “post” this last night.

Took off control panel. Disconnected the connectors and checked. Checked for power. No power on any of the connectors with the key in the on position and the blower set to high.

I see your post above this. I will take a look at the ignition harness. Not sure how to get to it but I will figure it out.

I guess I didn’t “post” this last night.

Took off control panel. Disconnected the connectors and checked. Checked for power. No power on any of the connectors with the key in the on position and the blower set to high.

I see your post above this. I will take a look at the ignition harness. Not sure how to get to it but I will figure it out.

IF it helps....; the color of the wire going from position 2 on the ignition switch to the fuse block behind the glove compartment feeding fuses 5,6,7 & 8 is Black with an Orange stripe.

I took apart the steering column. Found and disconnected the wire harness on the left side. Found the black/orange wire. No connector melt. Turned on the ignition and tested. No power to the blade that would connect to that slot. Other blades had power. I am looking for black/orange in other areas and found this (attached picture). Just above the fuse bank to the right. What is this?
Any other places that I can check?
Is the black/orange an input of power or output to the blower?

black-orange.jpg

Not sure what that item is to the right. I can't read the writing on it.
Check the Pink Black wire at Pin 9 for voltage going into the ignition switch which comes thru harness connector (S111) from Fuse 6 on the PDC.
Since the engine cranks over the PDC fuse 6 which feeds the Engine Starter Motor Relay is probably good.

Does the blower power go directly from the PDC fuse #1 to the ignition harness?

If the Pink Black is hot that is the feed coming from the battery to inside the ignition switch terminals 0,1,2,3,4.
then there could be something wrong with the ignition switch since terminal 2 gets no power.

Does the blower power go directly from the PDC fuse #1 to the ignition harness?

PDC fuse 1 (40 amp) goes thru C170 wire Red/LightBlue to C205 to the pin 4 of the Blower Motor relay connector in the PDC.
Fuse 8 in the terminal block behind the glove compartment is the power that will energize the Blower Motor relay.

Is the black/orange on the ignition harness supplying power to the ignition switch or is it sending power out to the blower system. I ask because when I tested the black/orange ignition wire, I had it unplugged from the ignition.
If it is a ignition problem, can I jumper it to test the theory?

Is the black/orange on the ignition harness supplying power to the ignition switch or is it sending power out to the blower system. I ask because when I tested the black/orange ignition wire, I had it unplugged from the ignition.

Without power coming from Fuse 8 the Blower Motor relay will not energize.
The black orange wire is an output from the ignition switch during RUN conditions to feed the fuse block with fuses 5,6,7, & 8 behind the glove compartment.

...so, if I apply 12v power to the black/orange wire, will the blower power on if it is the ignition that is the problem?

...so, if I apply 12v power to the black/orange wire, will the blower power on if it is the ignition that is the problem?

Applying 12V to the black/orange wire with it disconnected from the ignition circuit should provide power to fuse 8 which should provide power to the blower fan relay when the blower fan speed switch is selected.
Remove fuses 5,6,&7 to ensure they don't want to supply power to other accessories. The jumper you use should be 12 or 14 gauge wire.

That would be my conclusion.... the ignition switch has an internal problem.

I pulled fuses 5,6 &7.
I jumpered from a hot to the black/orange position of the steering wheel wire harness.
THE FAN KICKED ON! I was so excited to hear that. I will buy a new ignition switch (hopefully today) and will get you some feedback. You are awesome!

Charles, I can’t thank you enough. Got the ignition terminal and installed it. Reconnected everything and nervously tested. Works like a champ. I buttoned everything up and my wife is out cleaning it now. I definitely couldn’t have done it without your guidance. Where are you from? I would love to buy you a beer some day. Thanks again! Steve

Reactions: JMT