No power to P/S turn signal or marker light

DanMan

I have been trying to trace down a power issue on my 97 TJ, I am not getting power to the front passenger turn signal or marker light. I have checked the fuse behind the glove box it is good. Does anyone have a schematics I could see or direct me in a better way to start? Thanks,
Dan

The wiring diagrams can be found in the factory service manual:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/
I recommend opening it on a computer or tablet; it’s a very large PDF.

The sidemarker bulb grounds through the inactive filament on the front turn signal bulb. So if the front turn signal bulb burns out a filament, sometimes neither bulb will work.

Do the running lights work? Does the sidemarker flash when both the parking lights and turn signals are on?

The sockets sometimes get corroded and fail to make good contact. I had to replace mine. Fortunately the front sockets are like $10 on RockAuto and are very easy to replace.

The wiring diagrams can be found in the factory service manual:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/
I recommend opening it on a computer or tablet; it’s a very large PDF.

The sidemarker bulb grounds through the inactive filament on the front turn signal bulb. So if the front turn signal bulb burns out a filament, sometimes neither bulb will work.

Do the running lights work? Does the sidemarker flash when both the parking lights and turn signals are on?

The sockets sometimes get corroded and fail to make good contact. I had to replace mine. Fortunately the front sockets are like $10 on RockAuto and are very easy to replace.
So I have no lights just on that side even after replacing both bulbs. The connection inside the socket is a little corroded which I also checked to ensure the plastic inside it broken. Thank you for the link as well, as I might just see about replacing the connector since it might not clean up to good.

So I have no lights just on that side even after replacing both bulbs. The connection inside the socket is a little corroded which I also checked to ensure the plastic inside it broken. Thank you for the link as well, as I might just see about replacing the connector since it might not clean up to good.
You can disconnect the front turn signal sockets without damaging them. They pop on and off like a regular wiring harness; I seem to remember having to depress a tab.

From there you can electrically test the pins at the wiring harness. If you’re getting the same result of no power, then it might not be the sockets.

You can disconnect the front turn signal sockets without damaging them. They pop on and off like a regular wiring harness; I seem to remember having to depress a tab.

From there you can electrically test the pins at the wiring harness. If you’re getting the same result of no power, then it might not be the sockets.
Thanks for that tip, I took that wiring harness off and ran a continuity test and got nothing. I am going to grab a new harness and see if that works.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Try switching the left and right sockets. You know at least one of them works
I saw the plug you are talking about, looks like I need a whole new harness. The socket does not disconnect from the harness. 6FF9C5A3-8000-4974-BCF0-8E517EC5EA50.jpeg

Reactions: McNamara