No pressure in clutch pedal

Limey

Today I went to start my 1988 Jeep Sahara that has not been used for a while and the clutch peddle hit the floor with no pressure at all.
I thought that maybe bleeding the clutch might work but after reviewing a post on this forum I discovered that the bleed valve is mostly useless. See post July 5th by Jamison C."This bleeder is also about as useful as the Italians were to their allies in WWII. In other words, pay no mind to it." I also looked all over the place for this valve but couldn't find one anywhere that made sense.

His suggestion was to manually remove the fluid and replace it. He also has good visual instructions for doing so.

My question is .....will doing this likely solve the problem or will I be left with having to replace the slave cylinder and possibly discover that after all this effort it may actually be the clutch itself that need to be replaced. It seem as if this problem could easily grow out of control.
I don't want to get involved with more work, time and effort than I need to and I don't want to throw too much money into an old car I rarely use at least not for the moment. I have another vehicle with another problem that I need fixed first.

I am no mechanic, so that don't help much either and I only need to move the car in order to get my driveway resurfaced.
Any advise would be appreciated. Maybe just scrapping the vehicle might be the best way to go.
Thanks
Limey

I hope someone who knows about YJs does pipe up, but in the meantime I suggest you join a YJ specific forum to find the right folks. We're all TJ owners here, though I know there are a few who have gone through the ringer with everything from Cj-2As to JTs around these parts.

I'm going to guess your slave cylinder busted which is unfortunate because on a 93 or prior YJ it is an internal style which means the transmission has to be removed for it to be replaced. Not the end of the world but certainly a pain in the ass and I don't have a good recommendation for a solid replacement part.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford