Noco Emergency Battery

LeePTI

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I bought their 2000 amp version to keep on my boat. I haven't these mentioned here for offroading. Supposedly has enough power to start multiple V8's in a tiny package. Has USB, accessory plug, and multi function light. I was skeptical.

Yesterday I needed it to jump my Escalade. It recharged my dead battery enough to work the electronics in about 5 minutes then spun the engine as fast as the main battery. Started quickly and the Noco still showed 100% reserve power.

This small light unit seems perfect for offroading. Tons of uses besides a helping someone who left their lights on when cables won't reach. Now a permanent part of my recovery pack.

Sorry if this thread is redundant.
[emoji55]
dc1a2f479dd68ab242f274a1b6e0169b.jpg

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

great post I have a portable jump start kit but its also a pump so the things is huge and weighs a tonne. not really the sort of thing you would always keep on hand inside a wrangler but this is small enough to fit under the seat.

Reactions: LeePTI
great post I have a portable jump start kit but its also a pump so the things is huge and weighs a tonne. not really the sort of thing you would always keep on hand inside a wrangler but this is small enough to fit under the seat.
Exactly what I had from HF. My air pump was useless and battery didn't last a year. No comparison.

That's an intriguing idea. What's that thing weigh and what does it cost? Space wise it looks easy to carry.
Here is the Amazon link to the 1000amp version for $96 Prime. I went for the 2000amp one for use in my boat which has big Cummings diesels. 1000amp is great for a Jeep. All the specs and options are there. Noco rates higher than knock offs.

NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015TKUPIC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Pretty cool! I was just talking with my wife about these last month when our car died on us. Luckily we had AAA come and give us a jump start. That got me thinking though about carrying around one of these. It would be great for situations where you need a jump start.

All those good reviews on Amazon don't lie either!

Reactions: LeePTI
And it looks smaller than a set of jumper cables will take up, room wise. Adding to my wish list.
...and charge your phone, power accessories when you stop, work light, emergency flasher, etc... Saves a lot of space, replaces several items.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I checked them out after seeing your post. They look slick! The 1000 amp can jump a TJ easily as well as charge all kinds of stuff. The company claims it will hold a charge for up to a year as well.

I checked them out after seeing your post. They look slick! The 1000 amp can jump a TJ easily as well as charge all kinds of stuff. The company claims it will hold a charge for up to a year as well.
Mine sat about 6 months unused and stayed at 100%

Reactions: JMT
Coincidence. A friend left parking lights on last night. Totally dead battery (old too). Got out my trusty NOCO. This guy is a gear head and laughed. Sat about 5 minutes giving a base charge (thanks Jerry) and it fired right up. I have NOT recharged the NOCO from last week jumping my Escalade. NOCO still shows 100%. I love this! I might be confident enough to stop carrying bulky cables soon.
6b3ddf1dd8861fed45722c6d4f9faea1.jpg
4d1ee032d8b2205816fc3f4a52fced5b.jpg

I just bought suaoki jump starter .This jumped a 4.6 L Toyota 4runner V8 SUV and a motorcycle without any issues. The one problem I had was the 2 USB ports do not charge my Apple Iphones or Ipads using the lightning connector. I tried switching different cables but still would not work.

I bought their 2000 amp version to keep on my boat. I haven't these mentioned here for offroading. Supposedly has enough power to start multiple V8's in a tiny package. Has USB, accessory plug, and multi function light. I was skeptical.

Yesterday I needed it to jump my Escalade. It recharged my dead battery enough to work the electronics in about 5 minutes then spun the engine as fast as the main battery. Started quickly and the Noco still showed 100% reserve power.

This small light unit seems perfect for offroading. Tons of uses besides a helping someone who left their lights on when cables won't reach. Now a permanent part of my recovery pack.

Sorry if this thread is redundant.
[emoji55] View attachment 15899

We have one and have had it for 3 years, very handy! Always take it with us.
Has jumped our V-10 motorhome with it. My Dodge diesel, plus has charged our cell phones when in remote areas.

I just bought suaoki jump starter .This jumped a 4.6 L Toyota 4runner V8 SUV and a motorcycle without any issues. The one problem I had was the 2 USB ports do not charge my Apple Iphones or Ipads using the lightning connector. I tried switching different cables but still would not work.
Sounds good either the lightning cables are damaged or the USB ports simply don’t push enough current.

Reactions: JMT
Yea, I just realized that we sell these at Best Buy too when I saw this on their gift suggestions recently. I'm married to a planner, so all the holiday shopping is already done, but I'll probably use this as a gift idea for next year.

Coincidence. A friend left parking lights on last night. Totally dead battery (old too). Got out my trusty NOCO. This guy is a gear head and laughed. Sat about 5 minutes giving a base charge (thanks Jerry) and it fired right up. I have NOT recharged the NOCO from last week jumping my Escalade. NOCO still shows 100%. I love this! I might be confident enough to stop carrying bulky cables soon.
View attachment 16025View attachment 16026

Excellent review sir! Thanks for posting this