Noisy Lifter Help

I was wrong...the two-piece cast iron headers started in 2000 not 1999.
The front and rear headers each attach to one of the mini catalytic converters (mini cats). Those are the big bulges in the exhaust pipe that you clearly see around the 8 second mark in your most recent video. The "donut" gaskets go between the headers and the pipes into the mini cats.
Some places to get the headers:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performa...aspx?t_c=74&t_s=49&t_pt=5619&t_pn=CRO53010196
https://www.4wd.com/p/omix-ada-exhaust-manifolds/7992
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performa...&t_pt=5619&t_pn=DOR674-467#overview_Container
2000_2001exhaust.jpg

Man, shit, any my coolant reservoir has been mysteriously lower than the last time I filled it up...

Haha ya'll have me scared now! I'll be replacing it, probably with a new exhaust manifold too. This is what it sounded like this morning:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=NW0xRkdWQ2RJZjA4LTl3VkdnT0V3eXdwcUZZRGl3

I asked a fellow colleague, who is an ASE mechanic, and he also said it sounded like an exhaust leak..

Hi, I have the same sound , What was the problem ? thanks

I have the same problem same sound exactly the same descriptions. I'm driving it on Monday from Spokane to Seattel. In the biggning I thought It lifter sounds!!.

Please advise.

I have the same problem same sound exactly the same descriptions. I'm driving it on Monday from Spokane to Seattel. In the biggning I thought It lifter sounds!!.

Please advise.

Everyone who actually hears it says it sounds more like an exhaust leak. Which, in my opinion is a more accurate diagnosis because if it was lifters - they'd be ticking as soon as I turned the engine on. Correct?

If you look under my profile and go to the threads I've started, you'll see a thread specifically on helping me with my "lifter noise". In that thread I posted a video of exactly what mine sounds like. Compare it to yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone who actually hears it says it sounds more like an exhaust leak. Which, in my opinion is a more accurate diagnosis because if it was lifters - they'd be ticking as soon as I turned the engine on. Correct? ...
True. In fact, lifters (and a host of other internal engine issue noises) will usually be the loudest right after a cold startup, before the oil has time to fully circulate and dampen any clanks, ticks, and rattles.
I was hoping that my noise was an exhaust leak as well but, after taking the exhaust and intake manifold off and re-installing with new fel-pro gasket, it sounded the same...so I'm in the process of replacing the engine :(. Good thing I budgeted for that;)

True. In fact, lifters (and a host of other internal engine issue noises) will usually be the loudest right after a cold startup, before the oil has time to fully circulate and dampen any clanks, ticks, and rattles.
I was hoping that my noise was an exhaust leak as well but, after taking the exhaust and intake manifold off and re-installing with new fel-pro gasket, it sounded the same...so I'm in the process of replacing the engine :(. Good thing I budgeted for that;)

Well did you change the manifold out? That's what I'd do next man before changing out the whole engine! D:

I don't know about the OP (sorry for the steal) but, I did...and it was not the problem :error:. It was pretty much wishful thinking from the get-go. So I'm now in the process of trading out the engine :crybaby2:
Oh well, the original engine had 188K+ miles and I had figured a replacement engine into my budget. Currently running into pilot bearing issues (thought I had that one figured out), but that's another thread.

Does anybody know where I could get a Flexible lifter removal tool, I've tried every where and can't find one...

Hello, my 06 has been making a ticking on start up until warm. Has anyone figured out what it was? also I tried to click the link to see yours but it appears to have expired.

Hello, my 06 has been making a ticking on start up until warm. Has anyone figured out what it was? also I tried to click the link to see yours but it appears to have expired.
I have had a tick for over two year nows. Started shortly after I bought it 2.5 years ago. It's very annoying but I have been through every article here on engine ticking and it seems that no one has a true fix for it or knows. It could be. 1) exhuast manifold which is prone to cracking on these vehicles, or 2) lifter tick