Non-leaky and easy to use gas can? Help me find the impossible

I couldn't decide on just one can style and I need multiple anyway. I bought a 5 gallon Justrite can with 5/8 spout so it'd fit the stock Jeep filler I think this one will be best for always having gas on hand and filling smaller tanks like the pressure washer, a 1 gallon No Spill can for mixed gas since my previous 1 gallon can leaks too I wanted an easy way to see how much gas is it in and unfortunately the Justrite cans aren't great at that, and I bought a 5 gallon LC2 dump can (similar to VP but has a second handle) for filling ATVs, Jeeps, and anything else that has a larger tank.

If somebody bumps this thread in a few months, I'll post an update of how they're working out.

If you have an old gas can with a broken spout you can buy replacement spouts. The new gas can spouts suck! The good news is that the old school spouts interchange. I bought a new Scepter can and removed the strainer, added a vent and old school spout. The shape makes the can pretty stable.

I had a modern 1 gallon can that I bought one of those spouts for. After a couple of years of light use the seal started leaking like crazy when pouring. Tightening it wouldn't help.

I couldn't decide on just one can style and I need multiple anyway. I bought a 5 gallon Justrite can with 5/8 spout so it'd fit the stock Jeep filler I think this one will be best for always having gas on hand and filling smaller tanks like the pressure washer, a 1 gallon No Spill can for mixed gas since my previous 1 gallon can leaks too I wanted an easy way to see how much gas is it in and unfortunately the Justrite cans aren't great at that, and I bought a 5 gallon LC2 dump can (similar to VP but has a second handle) for filling ATVs, Jeeps, and anything else that has a larger tank.

If somebody bumps this thread in a few months, I'll post an update of how they're working out.
I use the LC2's also for my ATVs, but I wouldn't use them for wheeling. I also tie them down in transit because I don't think they will not leak if laying on the side. The vent cap is not sealed very well, but I do like the extra handle for pouring. Especially for the 5 gallon ones.

California can sure fuck up anything that works good! I still use the metal Jerry cans from the 50’s if I can get seals and spouts for them.

I went from these POS's on my Rotopax spouts to these

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
View attachment 126541
We sell these at my work, you can regulate the flow with your finger tips while filling your whatever up, you tip the can and it won’t flow until you open the valve, so you can insert and remove the spout from the gas filler neck. The flip valve on top is for filling the can back up at the gas station. These are DOT approved for commercial vehicles and you pay for it, about $80.00 but they are user friendly.

This is what you want, OP. I love mine. I can fill it up at the gas station, put it in my car trunk, drive home, forget to take it out, and the next day will smell very little odor, all with the windows shut. It seals well enough to shake it upside down (that's how I mix in gas stabilizer), and it is very very easy to hoist and pour. Very high quality.

Reactions: TJ Starting