Noobie from Richmond Virginia Area

GreenTJ

I Break Stuff
Supporting Member
HEY!!! just checkin in!! Names Randy and I'm from the the Richmond Va Area, I ran across the Fb page which led me to the forum.. I own a 98 tj sport..sorta...it's a on going project Lol..Anyways see yall on the Pages!!!!!!
DSC_0502_zps6sj7otr6.jpg

Wow, that's a nice looking TJ! I like what you've done with it so far.

The question is, what's next on the mod list?

Thanks Chris.. new rails and rear quarter armor should hopefully be here Friday..honestly not much left to do besides motor swap which I probably won't do till summer time.. Lol I'll up load pics sometime of what this poor things gone threw in the last yr...lived on the rocks for awhile and took 3 arms and 2 legs to get it back to where it's at now

Thanks Chris.. new rails and rear quarter armor should hopefully be here Friday..honestly not much left to do besides motor swap which I probably won't do till summer time.. Lol I'll up load pics sometime of what this poor things gone threw in the last yr...lived on the rocks for awhile and took 3 arms and 2 legs to get it back to where it's at now

What kind of swap are you doing? I'm going to be doing a Chevy V8 swap myself.

@Stinger has a super nice LJ with a Chevy V8 swap in it.

same..chevy V8, I really wanted to do a hemi though but we will see,still have 5 months to change my mind a dozen times

All my research points to the Chevy V8 being much easier to find parts for, cheaper and more economical. Maybe Frank (@Stinger) will chime in on that, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

I was dead set on putting a 4BT Cummins in there, but once I found out what needed to be done, and how much it weighs, I said no way.

Not to mention that I've watched YouTube videos of TJs with Cummins 4BT swaps, and they are just so obnoxiously loud. With the top off on a nice Summer day, I'm not sure I want to listen to some loud diesel every time I'm at a stop light.

Reactions: GreenTJ
Yeah,had a buddy that had a 4bt in tj .my biggest thing was the idle..wasn't a huge fan of the shuttering..loved the sound when he punched it...I just got done going threw Stingers build thread!!! nice work

Yeah,had a buddy that had a 4bt in tj .my biggest thing was the idle..wasn't a huge fan of the shuttering..loved the sound when he punched it...I just got done going threw Stingers build thread!!! nice work

Yep, that idle is obnoxious as well. It's cool, but I wouldn't want to live with it as my daily. I'll stick to a V8.

Stingers LJ is awesome!