California NorCal Jeep adventures!

The pleasure of owning a 40 year old manufactured home.
20201225_183632.jpg

Got up the M4
Lots of hot hot fire around Grindstone. Log springs made it ok. No burnt buildings
View attachment 213516View attachment 213517
A few tree stumps are still
burning 🔥
View attachment 213518

View attachment 213519

Lots of bear, cat and deer tracks in the fresh snow
View attachment 213520View attachment 213521View attachment 213522View attachment 213523View attachment 213524View attachment 213525View attachment 213526View attachment 213527

View attachment 213528

Burnt the roots all out of the ground
View attachment 213532
Man it looks pretty in the snow though. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Indy and DrDmoney
Hey NorCal jeeples, I'm trying to decide which route to take to Moab in April. I've gone the SR80 way last time. Long, boring drive, plus going thru Salt Lake City doesn't excite me. SR50 was my other possible route, but driving a 29 foot coach, flat towing the jeep makes me a bit nervous if that way is curvy.

Hey NorCal jeeples, I'm trying to decide which route to take to Moab in April. I've gone the SR80 way last time. Long, boring drive, plus going thru Salt Lake City doesn't excite me. SR50 was my other possible route, but driving a 29 foot coach, flat towing the jeep makes me a bit nervous if that way is curvy.
I pulled a 40' toy hauler that way 2 yrs ago to Marysvale UT and my Jeep on a trailer to Moab the year before that. There's a reason they call it the loneliest highway in America, there are some things to see along the way and I don't think it takes much longer and there are a few curvy sections, but mostly this...
1609884637821.png

I pulled a 40' toy hauler that way 2 yrs ago to Marysvale UT and my Jeep on a trailer to Moab the year before that. There's a reason they call it the loneliest highway in America, there are some things to see along the way and I don't think it takes much longer and there are a few curvy sections, but mostly this...
View attachment 215830
Been that way myself. Stopped in Austin and looked around. A lot of history there.

Reactions: Indy and DrDmoney
Thanks for the input Dr.D. We are going to take our time getting there and will likely spend 2 nights along the way. Haven't researched where to camp for those 2 nights yet.

Reactions: Indy
Thanks for the input Dr.D. We are going to take our time getting there and will likely spend 2 nights along the way. Haven't researched where to camp for those 2 nights yet.
I'm going that way again, We usually take 2 days to get to Moab. We will stay in Ely on the way there.

I like to take U.S. 50 to Moab rather than I-80. I usually get a late start so only go as far as the Western Village in Sparks, then spend the night at the Hotel Nevada in Ely which is always a hoot.* If I'm going to use I-80 I save it for the trip home and stop wherever I get tired, usually Elko but sometimes as far as Winnemucca.

But now that I have a Sprinter Class B I'll have to rethink my night time stops.

* The Western Village isn't fancy but its clean and in good repair, you can see your rig from your room, and there's easy access to the Interstate. The Hotel Nevada is an inexpensive prohibition-era hotel in downtown Ely. One would think it might be a flophouse, but it isn't.

"Anywhere you want" with that rolling house. We just pull over in a rest stop when we get tired. Spend the night then on our way the next morning.