California NorCal Jeep adventures!

I could be up for that. Will know more after this weekend, going to change up the springs under my jeep and make some adjustments to my control arms see if i can get rid of some vibrations

Well, it's not set in stone. We could do the following Saturday as well. It's all weather pending of course.

Well, it's not set in stone. We could do the following Saturday as well. It's all weather pending of course.
I should be up and running by then so I'll see if we have any plans once you have a firm date. I'm sure if I offer to take the little one I can run away for the day.

Are you looking to run any specific trails or just cruise around cow mountain?

Reactions: Thunderhead
I should be up and running by then so I'll see if we have any plans once you have a firm date. I'm sure if I offer to take the little one I can run away for the day.

Are you looking to run any specific trails or just cruise around cow mountain?
Nothing specific. Most of it was burnt up in the last fire, but I'd like to head to Red Mt. and tool around up there. It would be a good shakedown for you before Moab.

The Shasta Chappie OHV Area has a new rock pile to play on adjacent to the Staging Area thanks to the hard work and private donations by a group of private individuals that calls itself "Friends of Chappie" given permission by the BLM to do the work and several members of the Black Sheep 4WD Club who pitched in to help.

_nc_ohc=oqs2PO8JkPcAX8ruIlI&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=6qnolAHvMnwAX_AFqwU&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

c_i93tam9IuklHfcTE4A1HyV_wc&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=-D8QCKC6Z1oAX-1CMeH&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=O4WomssZHLsAX-FWyKP&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

Last edited:
The Shasta Chappie OHV Area has a new rock pile to play on adjacent to the Staging Area thanks to the hard work and private donations by a group of private individuals that calls itself "Friends of Chappie" given permission by the BLM to do the work and several members of the Black Sheep 4WD Club who pitched in to help.

View attachment 228918

View attachment 228919

View attachment 228920

View attachment 228921

View attachment 228922
That looks fun guess i will have to get my jeep ready.

Well I have solved half my vibration issues. Rebuilt the rear suspension, stiffer springs, longer sway bar end links, corrected my pinion angle (was 4 degrees out of alignment) Now I need to adjust the front control arms, adjust the position of the steering stabilizer, check for any wear while I am under there then get to install extended rear brake lines and a trackbar relocation bracket. Guess another weekend of wrenching for me :cool: