California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Most of it yes, there are a couple sporty areas that i had to winch with 35s. Is your underside armored?
Here is where you will struggle.

This is other highlights

For that trip, it was the first time ive hit on the front bumper going into an obstacle, also there is a tree that you may hit your top on (gentle kiss on mine with a small scuff)

Overall a great trail that alternates between easy and hard. If you are still stock on the front bumper it may not be the best idea unless you are trying to justify getting a new bumper.

This is other highlights

For that trip, it was the first time ive hit on the front bumper going into an obstacle, also there is a tree that you may hit your top on (gentle kiss on mine with a small scuff)

Overall a great trail that alternates between easy and hard. If you are still stock on the front bumper it may not be the best idea unless you are trying to justify getting a new bumper.
Bummed I missed this trip. Looks fun

This is other highlights

I don't no why the videos never make it look as tough as it really is. I know that I have been in videos that at the time I was driving thinking WTF and I doing here 😱. But the video says what's so hard about that spot🥱

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
I don't no why the videos never make it look as tough as it really is. I know that I have been in videos that at the time I was driving thinking WTF and I doing here 😱. But the video says what's so hard about that spot🥱
The video doesnt show the 2 different winch points i had to use to get out of that hole. Lol. That was the first trail that made me want lockers. Especially after my abs sensor took a crap

That does look like a tough, narrow spot for me to get through without having to stack rocks. As a thought, would it be worthwhile for me to take the trail down that far, and pull off the trail to park, and catch a ride with someone down to the bottom?

That does look like a tough, narrow spot for me to get through without having to stack rocks. As a thought, would it be worthwhile for me to take the trail down that far, and pull off the trail to park, and catch a ride with someone down to the bottom?
That trail is pretty tight if i remeber correctly, and its at about half or 3/4 point. Aint nothing wrong with stacking rocks. Worst case someone can pull you out

Reactions: DrDmoney
Neither NorCal nor Jeep related, but an adventure:

Recently returned from my 2nd Jab + 14 Days 'The Pandemic is over for me' celebratory trip to San Felipe, B.C. Some photos at the end of the post.

What I need help with is organizing a jeep club run on or near the coast mid-summer. Usal road and others? Group camping spots? Running the ridges S to N to Hwy 299? I need help from you guys who know the area.

And now some photos.

From Kiki's looking north San Felipe March 2021.jpgSanFelipe-14-(ZF-5824-38045-1-003).jpgKiki's from the beach.jpgMariachis in San Felipe March 2021.jpgSan Felipe Lighthouse and Mariner's Shrine March 2021.jpgSan Felipe Malecon March 2021.jpgSan Felipe Lighthouse March 2021.jpgSan Felipe Sunrise 2.jpg

Never too old for a new toy.jpg

San Felipe March 2021.jpg

Neither NorCal nor Jeep related, but an adventure:

Recently returned from my 2nd Jab + 14 Days 'The Pandemic is over for me' celebratory trip to San Felipe, B.C. Some photos at the end of the post.

What I need help with is organizing a jeep club run on or near the coast mid-summer. Usal road and others? Group camping spots? Running the ridges S to N to Hwy 299? I need help from you guys who know the area.

And now some photos.

View attachment 244274View attachment 244276View attachment 244277View attachment 244279View attachment 244280View attachment 244281View attachment 244282View attachment 244283

View attachment 244278
View attachment 244284
We'll be spending the 4th of July week in Fort Bragg camping. We've ran Usal several times, and then King's Peak trail into Honeydew. From Honeydew you could stay on Mattole road and head north, which will put you in to Ferndale. From there you could head up to Samoa and camp out on the beach. I believe they still let you drive on the sand there.

That would be a good route. We would need group camping spots Friday and Saturday nights. Suggestions? Proposed dates are July 16-18.
I would suggest the first night camping at Nadelos campground.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/mattole+road/@40.0186705,-124.0047026,15z
https://www.blm.gov/visit/nadelos-campground
Second night, if you can make it that far would be Samoa Dunes. You may want to come up Thursday and stay at a hotel in Willits or there is a KOA there if you prefer camping. We usually meet up at Safeway in Willits to fuel up and get grub.

We'll be spending the 4th of July week in Fort Bragg camping. We've ran Usal several times, and then King's Peak trail into Honeydew. From Honeydew you could stay on Mattole road and head north, which will put you in to Ferndale. From there you could head up to Samoa and camp out on the beach. I believe they still let you drive on the sand there.
They do still let you drive on the dunes there.

Reactions: bobthetj03
We have booked the 4th-6th in Fort Bragg also at a airB&B right across from Jug Handle beach. (south of town)
We will probably get a hotel in Willits on Saturday.
See you on the coast!

Reactions: Indy and bobthetj03
We have booked the 4th-6th in Fort Bragg also at a airB&B right across from Jug Handle beach. (south of town)
We will probably get a hotel in Willits on Saturday.
See you on the coast!
I'll have cold beer! We'll be at MacKerricher. Just look for the ridiculously large RV with a White Jeep parked next to it.