California NorCal Jeep adventures!

So do we have a slick rock thread or list of jeepers? Which way are we running it? Anyone heading up that Friday the 21st?
The hard way 🤣

I don't think @Plumber1 made a separate thread about it. He may still be in Hawaii so I doubt it's too high on his priority list.

I'll be heading up for the day on the 22nd for the SR portion of the trip.

Are you planning on camping at the trailhead?

The hard way 🤣

I don't think @Plumber1 made a separate thread about it. He may still be in Hawaii so I doubt it's too high on his priority list.

Planning at least one night of camping on the 22nd, but considering heading up friday afternoon so i dont have to be up super early Saturday morning as i am coming from San Jose.

Reactions: Alex01
The hard way 🤣

Ok I started one from Maui, just so you all know how important you all are to me. :cool:

California Slick Rock Deer Valley 5-22/23​

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/slick-rock-deer-valley-5-22-23.50702/

Let me know if your going to make it and if I missed anyone I am sorry. 🥲

Reactions: Alex01
Any good trails in mind that are open? Ran cow a couple weekends ago and it is pretty much the same as it was minus a lot of burned area. Down for something a bit challenging
Mark- Have a friend that wants to run Cow. What trails were you running and does he have to worry about pin-stripping? He has 32" tires on a stock TJ.

Mark- Have a friend that wants to run Cow. What trails were you running and does he have to worry about pin-stripping? He has 32" tires on a stock TJ.
Justin, he should be ok on the west side of the obstacle course on Red Mt. He might not want to disco though with 32's and stock height TJ.

32s should be fine, if you stay near the obstacle course and the trails that lead off from there, shouldn't have to worry about pinstripes. The main road down to the south side of south cow is also no worry so you can go down to the river / creek. Some of the off shoots from the main road may leave you with stripes. The only trail i missed on that trip was the w1 which looked sporty just didnt have the time (i wrote this like 2 days ago but guess i forgot to hit post)

I need to get another camping/exploring trip on the books, it’s been way too long. Ive been spending all my free time house hunting, it’s a wild world out there.

Reactions: D M
Drove up HWY108 this past weekend for a break at Lyons Dam. Wanted to keep heading up to Niagara Rim but its marked Closed still. That was my hope for Memorial Day weekend with a friend but not looking like its going to happen.
I would be up for Hollister either Friday or Sunday. Saturday I'm booked.