California NorCal Jeep adventures!

From the NorCal forum, Hollister Hills, Saturday, June 2nd. Meet up at the obstacle course 9ish. FYI.
I am going to do my best to make it. My jeep is currently down. I had a leaking inner axle seal and instead of just bringing it back to the guy that did my gears I figured since I have done it before I would save the hassle. When attempting to take off the passenger side bolt that goes through the knuckle onto the hub assembly it striped. (the top one with 0 access) So a few hours and many Dremel cutting wheels later the bolt is off but now I am waiting for a new knuckle to come in for final assembly.
Crossing my fingers I can make it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomtaylz
I am going to do my best to make it. My jeep is currently down. I had a leaking inner axle seal and instead of just bringing it back to the guy that did my gears I figured since I have done it before I would save the hassle. When taking off the passenger side bolt that goes through the knuckle onto the hub assembly striped. (the top one with 0 access) So a few hours and many Dremel cutting wheels later the bolt is off but now I am waiting for a new knuckle to come in for final assembly.
Crossing my fingers I can make it.

Are you on stock brakes?

Calipers yes rotors / pads no. For the life of me I do not recall what I put on it though since it was 4 or 5 years ago but only 10k miles. Most likely the second or third cheapest choice at autozone :risas3: I can't pick the cheapest because I have some standards.

Calipers yes rotors / pads no. For the life of me I do not recall what I put on it though since it was 4 or 5 years ago but only 10k miles. Most likely the second or third cheapest choice at autozone :risas3: I can't pick the cheapest because I have some standards.

Just curious if you have any troubles slowing those 35's down, that' all.

Just curious if you have any troubles slowing those 35's down, that' all.
I haven't experienced any noticable difference in breaking performance from my old 33's. Then again I have always downshifted before breaking.

Last edited:
I haven't experienced any noticable difference in breaking performance from my old 33's. Then again I have always downshifted before breaking.

Well, you're a city driver, so you'd know if your brakes were inadequate I'm sure, lol!

Fun trip. Topped out at 60 degrees on Saturday and everything was wet from the night before. We had ourselves a blast
5BFAF610-D054-40F0-A0EF-C921F4BF9FC2.jpeg

74567375-99C8-416F-8C1C-55FCABBCF4D7.jpeg
7C630F7D-18AD-4993-B515-C039CD0BE023.jpeg

FDBE9D6D-7117-42A1-9128-D7971EC78FEF.jpeg

EB7E34A6-C95E-4489-A635-1CDC675AA8C0.jpeg

@bobthetj03 Things are looking up. The steering knuckle should be delivered tomorrow. There is hope that I will make it.

Saturday is my only available day. I called the park and the women on the phone said there will be no closures this Saturday in the 4x4 area. There will be an event called buckeye bonanza which will be staging in area 5.

Saturday is my only available day. I called the park and the women on the phone said there will be no closures this Saturday in the 4x4 area. There will be an event called buckeye bonanza which will be staging in area 5.

So, it'll just be crowded then. No thanks.